News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

Notice: Limited Guest Access

Started by eigen, December 13, 2019, 10:17:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Parasaurolophus

Yeah, and judging from the number of spammers I reject and ban every day (to say nothing of the number polly catches), that really must have been the bulk of our traffic. J think the current numbers are probably pretty close to true.

I'd like to see them increase significantly, however, for the very reasons you guys are citing.
I know it's a genus.

polly_mer

Quote from: eigen on August 27, 2020, 08:31:51 AM
That said, perhaps a forum other than "General Discussion" would be better? Maybe one of the more academic discussion forums?

In the Classroom comes immediately to mind as being something that would be of interest to lurkers.

State of Higher Ed is a strong second since I don't think Job Search will be as useful this year, but I could be wrong.
Quote from: hmaria1609 on June 27, 2019, 07:07:43 PM
Do whatever you want--I'm just the background dancer in your show!

James

Quote from: eigen on December 13, 2019, 10:17:24 AM
Unregistered Users (Guests) are only able to view the "Help & Suggestions" and "General Discussion" forum, and are not able to post. For full access, please register!
Suggestion: also put a sticky to the Backup Forum Location thread in "Help & Suggestions" to make it easier for aspiring new users to discover.

eigen

Quote from: James on May 22, 2021, 12:02:33 AM
Quote from: eigen on December 13, 2019, 10:17:24 AM
Unregistered Users (Guests) are only able to view the "Help & Suggestions" and "General Discussion" forum, and are not able to post. For full access, please register!
Suggestion: also put a sticky to the Backup Forum Location thread in "Help & Suggestions" to make it easier for aspiring new users to discover.

Good idea, thanks!
Quote from: Caracal
Actually reading posts before responding to them seems to be a problem for a number of people on here...