RIP: To remember those lost to us, whether close or at large

Started by mamselle, June 03, 2019, 05:30:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hmaria1609

Quote from: clean on April 12, 2022, 04:18:52 PM
Gilbert Gottfried, comedian and 'aladdin'' star, dies at 67

The Washington Post reports that he died of Myotonic Dystrophy Type 2
He had quite a career over the years:
https://wtop.com/celebrities/2022/04/gilbert-gottfried-standup-comic-and-actor-dies-at-67/
Enjoy the interview!
One of my coworkers met him ahead of a show at the DC Improv.

kaysixteen

I am sad to have to report that a gentleman in my church just passed of cancer.  He was a grand total of 8 days my senior.   Until around this time last year, he was looking good, and overall in significantly better shape than myself.   He was also telling everyone at church that the covid vax would rewrite his DNA.   So of course, in Aug., he got covid.  Bad.   He was in the hospital for 5 weeks, ventilated, and even had to have part of his lung surgically removed.  He seemed to be improving by around Thanksgiving, and was all set to begin what was going to be hard p.t.   But he had more pain and pain in places that could not be accounted for.  He was examined, and cancer somewhere in his back was discovered, cancer that was probably in its earliest and sadly undetected stages by the time he had the covid.   It is clear that the covid experience significantly accelerated his cancer growth, even as it also weakened his body.  Less than 6 months later, he is gone.   He leaves a wife and three kids.

evil_physics_witchcraft

Quote from: kaysixteen on April 29, 2022, 08:03:26 PM
I am sad to have to report that a gentleman in my church just passed of cancer.  He was a grand total of 8 days my senior.   Until around this time last year, he was looking good, and overall in significantly better shape than myself.   He was also telling everyone at church that the covid vax would rewrite his DNA.   So of course, in Aug., he got covid.  Bad.   He was in the hospital for 5 weeks, ventilated, and even had to have part of his lung surgically removed.  He seemed to be improving by around Thanksgiving, and was all set to begin what was going to be hard p.t.   But he had more pain and pain in places that could not be accounted for.  He was examined, and cancer somewhere in his back was discovered, cancer that was probably in its earliest and sadly undetected stages by the time he had the covid.   It is clear that the covid experience significantly accelerated his cancer growth, even as it also weakened his body.  Less than 6 months later, he is gone.   He leaves a wife and three kids.

So sorry for your loss.

kaysixteen

Thank you.   I am taking it very hard, much harder than I let anyone at church know... the crux of my problem is that I am struggling mightily, have been since he first got covid last summer, with the enormously bad decision he made, not to vax up... his intense covid case, which nearly killed him then, undoubtedly significantly weakened his body and made treating his cancer much harder, and ultimately futile.  I get that these thoughts are sub-Christian, and am struggling with them and praying about them, but there they are nonetheless.

mamselle

Dennis Waterman, British actor and musician, May 8th, age 74.

https://youtu.be/p6WB33WxHE0

Hw was the soul of 'New Tricks,' had starred with John Thaw in 'The Sweeney,' and worked as a child actor as well.

M.
Forsake the foolish, and live; and go in the way of understanding.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

clean

Uvalde, TX

21 killed by 18 year old, plus his grandmother. 
"The Emperor is not as forgiving as I am"  Darth Vader

clean

Langue_doc

mamselle

Quote from: clean on May 26, 2022, 10:27:07 AM
Uvalde, TX

21 killed by 18 year old, plus his grandmother.

RIP. I didn't realize the grandmother had succumbed.

M.
Forsake the foolish, and live; and go in the way of understanding.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

clean

hmaria1609

dismalist

Quote from: hmaria1609 on June 21, 2022, 06:41:21 PM
Long time PBS "NewsHour" contributor/political analyst Mark Shields:
https://www.pbs.org/newshour/show/remembering-longtime-newshour-political-analyst-mark-shields
He retired in 2020.

I remember him, and liked him. Wife and I used to watch him [with Gigot?] on TV in the mid to late '90's. Wife liked him because he seemed to be a "cloth cap liberal", but wasn't left enough. I thought he was a left wing nut job. After some of these viewings, wife and I had deep discussions!

I expect he had a good time, and I certainly hope so.
That's not even wrong!
--Wolfgang Pauli

evil_physics_witchcraft

One of my former colleagues, and friends, passed away today. I am very sad.

Parasaurolophus

I know it's a genus.