News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

The Snacking Thread

Started by evil_physics_witchcraft, August 14, 2020, 03:55:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nonsensical

In my office, I keep snacks in three categories: shelf stable fruit (usually fruit cups, though applesauce would also count), protein (usually cheese), and carbs (usually chips of some sort). I also used to keep an emergency caffeinated soda in there; I rarely drink caffeine but kept one around in case I really hadn't slept the night before. But I think I drank it before lock-down and I have yet to replenish my beverage snacks, though I brought in some new food snacks earlier this week.

Those are also mostly my snacks at home, except fresh fruit instead of the shelf stable kind. Also nuts.

Vkw10

Enthusiasm is not a skill set. (MH)

alto_stratus

Popcorn.

Time to make dinner...

hmaria1609

I keep a box of assorted candy bars and crackers at the library.  I also have bottled Starbucks bottled flavored coffees and flavored tea in the staff fridge.

Vkw10

Today's snack was cherry tomatoes.

clean

today i sliced a bunch of strawberries. Then added a small amount (all that was left) of my Blue Bell vanilla ice cream.  (but that sounds familiar!)
"The Emperor is not as forgiving as I am"  Darth Vader

mamselle

I remember ice cream....

;--}

M.
Forsake the foolish, and live; and go in the way of understanding.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

Economizer

On my way home from a taxing workday, I popped into a covenience store and purchased a LITTLE DEBBIE Cosmic Brownie. Still a great treat although no longer 25 cents to buy.
So, I tried to straighten everything out and guess what I got for it.  No, really, just guess!

Vkw10

To my complete horror, I enjoyed snacking on broccoli today. Broccoli? That's always been on the list of "I'll eat it if that's what my host prepared" so it's a bit scary to realize I enjoyed it. My mother always said I'd like veggies better than pastries when I got older, but I didn't expect to get old enough to enjoy broccoli.

Hey, Economizer, can I join you for a Little Debbie next time?

mamselle

I have LOVED broccoli, Brussels sprouts, and asparagus as snacks in the past.

I'd heat them in a bit of butter or oil, and some spices and then just leave them in a bowl in the fridge to munch on.

However, later, my system decided that all that starch-sugar conversion stuff was too much, and I had to stop.

I can still do spinach, though!

So, enjoy a stalk for me while you're at it.

;--}

M.
Forsake the foolish, and live; and go in the way of understanding.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

Boomvang

I have dared to eat a peach. Organic, of course.

evil_physics_witchcraft

Quote from: Boomvang on August 26, 2020, 01:34:07 PM
I have dared to eat a peach. Organic, of course.

"Do I dare disturb the Universe?"

Yes. Yes, I do. And I will eat pepperjack on crackers while I do it.

apl68

This week a patron has brought us boxes of fresh fruit and vegetables.  Including some great apples!  I've been having them for afternoon snacks.  I've also taken some home.  And a couple of tomatoes.  Would take some lettuce, but I've already got as much of that at home as I can use.
If in this life only we had hope of Christ, we would be the most pathetic of them all.  But now is Christ raised from the dead, the first of those who slept.  First Christ, then afterward those who belong to Christ when he comes.

ergative

I made these coffee buns yesterday. They came out really well, and are terrific for snacking, as well as for breakfast.

Vkw10

Bell pepper strips dipped in plain yogurt. Crunchy and creamy, just right for a hot day.