News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

"Single Operator Newsletters"

Started by JJChandler, August 25, 2020, 02:39:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JJChandler

This summer I kind of fell down a wormhole of "single operator" newsletters. They are (sometimes) well curated and help avoid procrastinating through endless scrolling and don't require the dedicated attention that podcasts do. It started with Sam de Brule's "Machine Learnings" and the I added "Welcome to Hell World".

I recently found this list: https://www.insidehook.com/feature/internet/best-single-operator-email-newsletters-internet and added a few more.

This list had all sorts of newsletter with all sorts of niche and specialized viewpoints. However, I saw nothing about teaching or higher ed. Can anyone point me to ed based newsletters (or newsletters on other topics that you love)?

Liquidambar

I used to subscribe to the Tomorrow's Professor newsletter for academics in the sciences and occasionally got some good tips from it.  I don't know if that counts as a single operator newsletter.  It's sent by one person, but he doesn't write all the content he sends.
Let us think the unthinkable, let us do the undoable, let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all. ~ Dirk Gently

JJChandler

permanent imposter

I was interested in Welcome to the Hell World, but it honestly seems a little too depressing right now. (I know their About page says that it is meant to be depressing but hopeful, but I don't know how much of that I can even handle right now.)