Main Menu

NYT Spelling Bee

Started by nebo113, August 28, 2020, 05:56:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Parasaurolophus

Broke my streak. GWP.
I know it's a genus.

ciao_yall

QBwH, last word was ragtag. LB fractional-lambda.

Happy solving!

Parasaurolophus

Quick GWP this morning.
I know it's a genus.

Langue_doc

Good morning!

Stuck at 53 words/259 points. Not sure if I'll find any more words.

Last words yesterday were arhat and ragtag.

LB: NYT solution--gah!

Yaaay, ab_grp!

Happy solving, all.

cathwen

Good morning!

Last words yesterday were ratatat and arhat.  Today I'm 10 words short and may not get much beyond that without help.  We'll see...

LB:  I had a very inefficient confrontational-lambda.  I found a 2fer today also.

Langue_doc, the walk across the Brooklyn Bridge to the park sounded lovely!

Happy puzzling!

ab_grp

Good morning!

Got to genius with the pangram and then embroiled myself in the crossword.  It's another kind of long one today.  I wasn't sure I would make it to QB yesterday but managed to find arhat and then, finally, ratatat.  It's been a while since QB! Thanks, Langue_doc!

I also had the schmofficial solution, so I guess cathwen is the only variant! And congrats on another today, cathwen!

Happy solving!

ciao_yall

QBwH - new words elegize(d), geez. I recall being annoyed that I didn't have a u for eulogize or a c for elegiac.

LB - best I could do was a 2fer bfss hibernate-evolved. Quick 2fer this morning.

Happy solving!

Langue_doc

Good morning!

Pangram and slightly above genius. Finding words after getting to Amazing was like pulling teeth.

Last word yesterday was gelee, which I've seen before.

bovine/earthland; didn't think the latter was a real word, but LB accepted it.

An easy two-fer today.

ab_grp, hope your weather is tolerable, and your AC woes will be fixed soon.

Happy solving!

ab_grp

Good morning!

I am having little luck this morning.  Haven't found the pangram, not at genius, barely started the crossword.  I am frightened to hear that the hive has been so difficult today.  I think yesterday we both needed gadded, geez.  Wasn't a fan of yesterday's.

Congrats on the 2fer, Langue_doc! I had some good ones I thought (hinterland, herbivore) but couldn't do anything with them.  And congrats on another today.

And thanks again for the good AC wishes.  Our high is only due to be 105 today, so hooray.  It should go down to the high 90s later in the week.  It's really fine as long as this old unit doesn't conk out.  This is the one we had to have the repair on last summer, when my husband had to drive to the other city to pick up a part only to find out it was not there and was, in fact, down the road from our house.  Then they screwed up the line polarity on the heater part when they replaced that piece, so when we turned the heat on for the first time around Thanksgiving it didn't work.  And they didn't give us a refund or discount of any kind on the service even though they had made the error and we had diagnosed it! I am a little ticked at them at the moment.  Anyway, thanks, and so far so good.

I have a friend call midday so may make even less puzzle progress than usual! Still, nice to chat.

Happy solving!

cathwen

Good afternoon!

I have one of the two pangrams and cannot imagine what the second one can be.  Only three words to go—two of them long.  I may need hints again.

Yesterday I needed hints for elegize/d, eagled, and gage

Yesterday's LB was vibrator-rehandle.  I found a 2fer today without too much difficulty.

Ab_grp, good luck with the AC!  "Only" 105º?  Ugh! 

Happy puzzling!

ab_grp

Ugh, I finally got to genius.  And I still have another pangram left!  The first one took me long enough. 

Congrats on your different 2fer yesterday cathwen, and another today! I say "only" because we were supposed to be at higher temps, but a weather event in a reasonably close locale shifted them all down by a couple degrees.  I'm not sure it really matters other than on the face of it.  But, "it's a dry heat!"

Parasaurolophus

Didn't get there today. 0 pangrams, too. Oof.
I know it's a genus.

Langue_doc

Good morning!

Pangram and genius.

Missed the second pangram (I did get lethal) and a few other words.

We probably all have the same solution: oxymoronic/clique

Missed several crosswords last week, but that's life.

Happy solving!

cathwen

Good morning!

Yes, I got oxymoronic-clique also.  No 2fer yet today, though!

SB:  I missed nonlethal, thane, and telehealth.  Today I am at Alpha with three words left—but that was the case yesterday, and it did not result in QB, so we'll see if I'm more successful today.

Happy puzzling!

ETA:  2fer!

ciao_yall

Morning!

QB, needed hints for nonlethal, telehealth. LB - not a lot of room to manuever so oxymoronic-clique it was here as well.

Happy solving!