News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

NYT Spelling Bee

Started by nebo113, August 28, 2020, 05:56:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ab_grp

Got a 2fer! It took a couple tries despite some promising contenders along the way.

Parasaurolophus

I know it's a genus.

Langue_doc

Good morning!

A couple of pangrams and genius. There aren't enough hours in the day to look for more words.

Couldn't get back to the bee yesterday, but found authorized/dowdy.

Happy solving!

ciao_yall

QB w Hints, needed one for mimeo and a few other reminders. LB authorized-dewy.

Happy solving!

ab_grp

Good morning!

Didn't really start the puzzles yet, but I have a pangram and about 100 points.  I guess there are more of them (points and pangrams)! Yesterday I got down to 4 words, but we didn't have team QB, as we were both missing ooze, ollie.  I know I was also missing melee, but I forget what the other one was.

For LB, I had authorized-dowry.  So, same base, several solutions so far.

Happy solving!

cathwen

Good morning!

I got to QB-2 yesterday, then needed hints for meze (darn those alternate spellings!) and mezzo.

Today I'm just at genius with all three pangrams.  It's a long one today, and not sure I'll have the time or patience to finish (at least, not without hints). 

LB:  Like ciao_yall, I had authorized-dewy.  I found a 2fer today as well.

Happy puzzling!

ab_grp

Finally got to genius, and apparently I have all three pangrams now.  But I have quite a few words left!

Also got a 2fer earlier.  Congrats on yours, cathwen!

Parasaurolophus

GW3P. Didn't think I'd make it.
I know it's a genus.

Langue_doc

Good morning!

Pangram and genius. It turns out that I had all three pangrams yesterday, but didn't get around to the bee later in the day.

farthing/grovel

Happy solving!

ciao_yall

QBwH, didn't know fuddle was a word. LB farthing-glove.

Happy solving!

ab_grp

Good morning!

I've got a pangram and almost to genius so far but slept in a bit.  Yesterday I still had quite a few words left, but we did have team QB, so I was able to contribute at least.  Just too busy and interrupt-driven. 

For LB, I got forthright-traveling.  A bunch of variations already!

Part of what took up the day yesterday was taking more time to try out the chess feature.  I've enjoyed trying to play out the final moves of some interesting games.  I don't think I will ever be a grand master, but I appreciate the strategy insight.

Happy solving!

Langue_doc

ab_grp, I haven't even looked at the chess games. I've been out and about partly because of the weather, and partly to catch up on the missed outings of the last couple of years. I missed two crosswords in a row this week. I just bailed out of a picnic followed by a performance in Central Park and another outing on Sunday. Tomorrow's another walk that involves a long subway ride followed by an equally long ferry ride. It's a park that I've never visited, so should be interesting.

Today's outing sounded interesting: https://nyclassical.org/cymbeline

cathwen

Good afternoon!

Genius with pangram today.  Yesterday I got tripped up over tutted and duffel, and never did find luteal. 

LB:  I had fathering/glove.  It took me an age, but I finally found one today as well. 

Enjoy your outing tomorrow, Langue_doc! 

Happy puzzling!

Parasaurolophus

Couldn't devote quite enough time to get there today.
I know it's a genus.

ciao_yall

QBwH and a new word - nametape.

LB - saw handily but never noticed biotech so oh well. Did get a 2fer b4ss chelation-nobody and plenty of 3fers including dayboat-tie-echelon, chocolately-yob-blind.

Road trip for a job interview so plenty of car and puzzle time.

Happy solving!