News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

When am I (not) DR clean?

Started by clean, August 30, 2020, 02:20:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

clean

My fiance is preparing wedding announcements.  SHE wants to include Dr. Clean in the announcement. I was thinking that in this clearly non academic context, that no title would be the preferred way.  I mentioned that and she insists that her parents (paying for the announcements) think that it should be there.

What is the authoritative word on this?  For purposes of a wedding announcement, am I Dr. Clean or simply Clean?

(Oh, and I tried to prompt these being sent a full month ago!!!  So NOW there seems to be a rush as the date is close!!)
"The Emperor is not as forgiving as I am"  Darth Vader

nebo113

Are you including masks with the invites?

dr_codex

Quote from: clean on August 30, 2020, 02:20:03 PM
My fiance is preparing wedding announcements.  SHE wants to include Dr. Clean in the announcement. I was thinking that in this clearly non academic context, that no title would be the preferred way.  I mentioned that and she insists that her parents (paying for the announcements) think that it should be there.

What is the authoritative word on this?  For purposes of a wedding announcement, am I Dr. Clean or simply Clean?

(Oh, and I tried to prompt these being sent a full month ago!!!  So NOW there seems to be a rush as the date is close!!)

Choose wisely, Dr. Blean: https://www.gocomics.com/doonesbury/1981/06/01

Honestly, if it matters to her parents, you say: "Yes, of course." Unless it really matters to you.

(Yes, I know that my moniker on this board might lose me some credit. I would have dropped the honorific, but somebody on the CHE boards took "Codex" over a decade ago.)

DR c
back to the books.

clean

QuoteAre you including masks with the invites?

Im sure that masks will be required. 
The wedding will be limited to immediate family members, but the announcement will go to all.  The Grand Reception will happen next year sometime. 
"The Emperor is not as forgiving as I am"  Darth Vader

Vkw10

If they're using courtesy titles with every name, give in gracefully on Dr. vs. Mr. But if your fiancée isn't getting a courtesy title, you don't get one either. This is what you want to avoid:

Mr. and Mrs. George A. Washington
announce the marriage of their daughter
PreciousGirl Washington
to
Dr. Easygoing Clean
son of .....
Enthusiasm is not a skill set. (MH)