News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

Tenure Party time!! Sun Worshiper's shining bright!

Started by mamselle, May 30, 2022, 08:06:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mamselle

Quote from: Sun_Worshiper on May 30, 2022, 07:37:33 PM
I've officially been granted tenure, so going to budget in a little extra celebratory time this summer, in addition to plans already mentioned above

Time to open the clubhouse.

It's warm enough for the Infinity Pool, and the Immoral Porpoises must be somewhere about...

Someone fire up the grill while I pull the marinated veggies out of the refrigerator.

And someone wake up the Hamster Emeritus, he's probably on or under a towel somewhere.

Congrats, Sun_Worshiper!

M.
Forsake the foolish, and live; and go in the way of understanding.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

Wahoo Redux

W00T!!!!  Many, many happy congrats!!!

A little sunshine from the Worshiper in these dark days!!!

No party like it's 1999!
Come, fill the Cup, and in the fire of Spring
Your Winter-garment of Repentance fling:
The Bird of Time has but a little way
To flutter--and the Bird is on the Wing.

ergative

How wonderful! Congratulations and well done! I hope you have a superb celebratory summer in which you do none of the things that you had to spend all your time doing to get here.

mamselle

Agreed!

Also--I did do a search, but I have the lingering sense that we may have missed a tenure celebration or two in the past couple years...please identify yourselves if you are among the tenured-but-unfeted!

M.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

Sun_Worshiper

Thank you! I appreciate all the great advice from forum pals over the last few years!

And now I can carry out my true plans to institutionalize sun worship and other pagan rituals in my department!

ab_grp

Congratulations, Sun_Worshiper! Good luck with all your ritualistic endeavors!

evil_physics_witchcraft

Congrats Sun_Worshiper! Push those pagan rituals! ;)

Thursday's_Child

Yippee Sun_Worshiper!  & I found the Hamster Emeritus - in the bottom of the now-empty punch bowl, snoring!

Puget

Congratulations Sun Worshiper! I've brought a large bottle of sunscreen so we can all safely join in the sun worship. Also a pitcher of margaritas since the punch bowl is apparently empty.
"Never get separated from your lunch. Never get separated from your friends. Never climb up anything you can't climb down."
–Best Colorado Peak Hikes

mamselle

OK, thanks for finding the HE, maybe we can wake him and get him on-task for cleaning out and filling the punch-bowl...

Hmmm, I just taught a couple of pieces from Pirates/Penzance, and now I'm ear-worming on, "Pour, Oh pour the Pirate Sheryl, Fill, oh fill the Pirate Bowl!"

As long as folks GET sunlight, it's all good, but what about those who see that yellow alien only rarely?

Or do they do greater obeisance because of its rarity?

Of course, here in the clubhouse, it's whatever weather you want it to be, wherever you're standing...

OK, punch!

Towels!

To the grill!

M.

OneMoreYear

Congrats Sun Worshipper! Be sure to report your plan to institutionalize sun worship and other pagan rituals as departmental service.

Why haven't we invested in an automatically re-filling punch bowl by now?

Ooh, margaritas!

Sun_Worshiper

Quote from: OneMoreYear on May 31, 2022, 02:00:19 PM
Congrats Sun Worshipper! Be sure to report your plan to institutionalize sun worship and other pagan rituals as departmental service.

Haha I will!

Parasaurolophus

I know it's a genus.

mamselle

Quote from: Sun_Worshiper on May 31, 2022, 02:22:34 PM
Quote from: OneMoreYear on May 31, 2022, 02:00:19 PM

Haha I will!

Yes, you could found a small institute and call it the "Friends of Ikhnaten" and confuse everyone...

M.

clean

"The Emperor is not as forgiving as I am"  Darth Vader