News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

Happy Halloween! What are the plans?

Started by clean, October 30, 2022, 04:59:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

clean

I went to the grocery store today.  I was able to get some snack size, non Halloween themed candy.  The themed candy was gone. There were at least 2 entire rows of shelves empty!  They even had put out Christmas candy to back fill! 

I teach tomorrow, but will cut my office hours short so that I can get home before dark. 
I doubt that there will be too many youngins.  I would have to go back through the boards to last year's message to give a breakdown on the visitors, but I dont remember there being many.

My Bride had been asking/hinting/hoping to get Halloween candy weeks ago!  I told her that IF we bought candy 2 weeks before Halloween, that we would have to buy candy AGAIN to give out to the visitors, and neither of us particularly need to split bags of candy! 

Anyway, what are YOUR plans?  Keep us updated on the visitations!  What candy did you get (for the kids)?   (I have one fun size bag of Milky Way, and 2 fun sized M&M bags)
"The Emperor is not as forgiving as I am"  Darth Vader

dismalist

There's a convenient moré where I live that if the outside light is off, the beggars needn't apply. My outside bulb went out months ago and I have not replaced it. Am waiting until after Halloween to do so.

The little buggers get nothing!
That's not even wrong!
--Wolfgang Pauli

mamselle

Forsake the foolish, and live; and go in the way of understanding.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

lightning

I'm kind of not in the mood for Halloween, this year. I'm not even going to bother with wearing a costume, on Monday. SO has agreed to take care of trick-or-treaters, while I hide (although I did clean up all the dog poop in the yard, so the little kids don't track my dog's poop into their houses).

hmaria1609

I've got a half face gold and white fabric mask that I plan to wear to work at the library tomorrow. I bought it from Party City a few years ago.

Wahoo Redux

My wife has decided, now that we bought the house, to be neighborly.  So now, instead of putting a cardboard box with candy on the front step and hiding out at Panera, she will be handing out candy to the little werewolves and Spidermans or whatever else comes to the door.

I will be hiding upstairs.
Come, fill the Cup, and in the fire of Spring
Your Winter-garment of Repentance fling:
The Bird of Time has but a little way
To flutter--and the Bird is on the Wing.

Parasaurolophus

We already did the trick or treating for the 5 and unders. I was the Gruffalo, the hatchling was the mouse, and my partner was the foxowlsnake.

The hatchling was allowed to keep a bag of chips, a bag ofpopcorn, two mandarins done up as jack o' lanterns, and some playdough. Candy and chocolate were taxed at 100%.
I know it's a genus.

evil_physics_witchcraft

I shall be in costume (with PROPS) today in class. I also plan to head home early to prep for tonight's festivities.

paultuttle

Quote from: dismalist on October 30, 2022, 05:09:14 PM
There's a convenient moré where I live that if the outside light is off, the beggars needn't apply. My outside bulb went out months ago and I have not replaced it. Am waiting until after Halloween to do so.

The little buggers get nothing!

That's our plan.

jimbogumbo

For the second time in two days I'll be strolling while grandson (soon to be two) and his parents walk up and down a closed street so they can get stuff from market savvy merchants. I hope to grab a cocktail.

They will be minimally dressed as the Cat in the Hat (mom), and Thing #1 (grandson. My son will cleverly "dress up" by carrying a fishing net around.

onthefringe

Annual viewing of Psycho courtesy of local movie theater.

Puget

I've got candy for my classes, candy for the trick-or-treaters, and the left-overs go to my lab tomorrow so they are not in my house (not saying I won't consume some in the lab though).
"Never get separated from your lunch. Never get separated from your friends. Never climb up anything you can't climb down."
–Best Colorado Peak Hikes

ohnoes

Trying to figure out how to turn off the timer for the exterior lights so that I can signal our nonparticipation and hide downstairs until the candy-seekers go away.

Larimar

Not much in the way of Halloween celebrating in our neighborhood. I did, however, catch a glimpse of a little neighbor girl maybe about 5 or 6 years old in a Princess Tiana dress when I went to get the mail.

clean

Only one visitor tonight (at least so far).  I ve already eaten more candy than I have given away!
"The Emperor is not as forgiving as I am"  Darth Vader