News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

Tenure Pool Party

Started by reener06, May 18, 2019, 01:34:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

reener06

Not sure where to post this, but I think it might be both my first post in the new fora and the first pool party in the new fora. And I know others usually throw the party, but dammit, getting to this point was long, hard, and not pretty, so I'm throwing my own.

Cause I finally got tenure!

Come on in and join me.

polly_mer

Congrats, Reener06!

<hands Reener06 the big Toblerone>
Quote from: hmaria1609 on June 27, 2019, 07:07:43 PM
Do whatever you want--I'm just the background dancer in your show!

mamselle

YAAAHHOO!

At last.

Very glad for you.

Would you like an antipasto plate, Cobb salad, or 《salad paysanne》to go with that sparkling cider in your goblet?

And the warm fluffy towels are coming off the fax machine now.

Congrats!

M.
Forsake the foolish, and live; and go in the way of understanding.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

reener06

Ooh, antipasto and then toblerone and the fizzy alcohol the whole time. Thank you.

aside

Congratulations, Reener06!

<wheels in chocolate fountain with bowls of strawberries and raspberries>

Parasaurolophus

I know it's a genus.

eigen

That's awesome! Congratulations!
Quote from: Caracal
Actually reading posts before responding to them seems to be a problem for a number of people on here...

Anonymath

Congratulations, Reener! May you enjoy your tenure and use it wisely.

Is this a tenure-specific pool party or are other promotions celebrated at this pool as well?

FishProf

Congrats!  The big bowl of fuzzy kittens for cuddling will be arriving soon.
I'd rather have questions I can't answer, than answers I can't question.

mamselle

Quote from: Anonymath on May 19, 2019, 05:33:27 AM

Is this a tenure-specific pool party or are other promotions celebrated at this pool as well?

Tell us what you're celebrating and we'll start a Clubhouse party for you, too!

M.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

Thursday's_Child

Yay Reener!!  I brought skewered goodies - and the grill will be hot enough to start cooking in just a minute.

Did the HE and the Immoral Porpoises migrate over here yet?

eigen

Quote from: thursdays on May 19, 2019, 10:34:05 AM
Yay Reener!!  I brought skewered goodies - and the grill will be hot enough to start cooking in just a minute.

Did the HE and the Immoral Porpoises migrate over here yet?

I hope so. Think of the havoc they'd wreak with no one to herd them.
Quote from: Caracal
Actually reading posts before responding to them seems to be a problem for a number of people on here...

mamselle

I think the HE is under the towels on the fax machine, asleep.

Should we migrate the pool and the porpoises now? Or check to be sure they're not busy at someone else's party on the old thread, still?

Or....wait......I think there's a canal between the new and the old clubhouses....they're swimming this way now.

Perhaps an ability to bilocate goes along with being immoral.....

M.

turing_complete

Congrats!  A fine way to kick off the new fora!

Anonymath

Quote from: mamselle on May 19, 2019, 07:05:13 AM
Quote from: Anonymath on May 19, 2019, 05:33:27 AM

Tell us what you're celebrating and we'll start a Clubhouse party for you, too!

M.

After two consecutive promotion attempts, a successful grievance on the first attempt that took over a year to resolve, and a fired Dean, I will be officially promoted to Full September 1st. If this saga was a fiction novel, no one would believe it.