News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

Trivial Irrelevant Aggravations

Started by sprout, October 03, 2019, 12:32:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

arcturus

Quote from: sinenomine on August 07, 2022, 12:12:09 PM
The delivery was made three days late, and instead of the two books I had ordered, I got a box of diapers. Now I'm waiting on the reorder and have to return the wrong one. Grrr.
I can't help but think that if you were the other household - the one which got books instead of diapers - that this might have ended up on a different thread entirely...

fishbrains

Kid #4 eats loudly. Very loudly. When she eats her cereal in the morning, it sounds like she's munching on BBs. The same sound with mashed potatoes. Weird.
I wish I could find a way to show people how much I love them, despite all my words and actions. ~ Maria Bamford

mamselle

Forsake the foolish, and live; and go in the way of understanding.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

Juvenal

Quote from: fishbrains on September 18, 2022, 12:09:41 PM
Kid #4 eats loudly. Very loudly. When she eats her cereal in the morning, it sounds like she's munching on BBs. The same sound with mashed potatoes. Weird.

Don't serve grits...
Cranky septuagenarian

fishbrains

Quote from: mamselle on September 18, 2022, 01:07:04 PM
Does she have TMJ?

M.
Nothing medical there. Kid #3 actually goes "glug, glug, glug" when she drinks, so there might be something hereditary. Since the older ones have moved out, we've gotten to know the younger ones a little better.
I wish I could find a way to show people how much I love them, despite all my words and actions. ~ Maria Bamford

mamselle

^ unrelated, also a sort-of "wish-I-could-say"...

If your comfort zone is no bigger than a zip code I foresee difficulties....

M.
Forsake the foolish, and live; and go in the way of understanding.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

Thursday's_Child

Making toast this morning set off the smoke detector.  I did not burn the toast.  Also, I make toast almost every morning, on the same toaster setting, without setting off the smoke detector.  So, what gives here??

sinenomine

Quote from: Thursday's_Child on August 24, 2023, 11:57:02 AMMaking toast this morning set off the smoke detector.  I did not burn the toast.  Also, I make toast almost every morning, on the same toaster setting, without setting off the smoke detector.  So, what gives here??

Maybe it's the morning for random alarms -- I'm the only one in my office building right now, and a loud alarm sound has come a couple times from a colleague's office. Campus patrol came to check it out, but it was of course silent then, and my colleague has no idea what it could be.
"How fleeting are all human passions compared with the massive continuity of ducks...."

fishbrains

Why the hell does my computer not let me finish the internet's-gone-down dinosaur game when the internet pops back up?

There's nothing on the internet as important as me beating my high score.

Just sayin'.

FishProf

I do not love the new version of BlackBoard.
I'd rather have questions I can't answer, than answers I can't question.

Antiphon1

Quote from: FishProf on September 03, 2023, 09:28:30 AMI do not love the new version of BlackBoard.
Who does?  Sucksliciousness continues in Blackboard world. 

Parasaurolophus

I have become mysteriously susceptible to splinters in the last year or so. Sometimes from wood or blackberry thorns, often from just touching a thing. Often hair splinters, or just random invisible ones. Ugh.
I know it's a genus.

FishProf

Quote from: Antiphon1 on September 03, 2023, 09:05:17 PM
Quote from: FishProf on September 03, 2023, 09:28:30 AMI do not love the new version of BlackBoard.

It's like a Word update. 
Was that a nice feature? Now it's gone.
Did that location make sense?  Now it's over here.
Need a shortcut? Easy it is CTRL+@+F3+Summon Cthulu.  Why can't you remember that?
I'd rather have questions I can't answer, than answers I can't question.

Antiphon1

Quote from: FishProf on September 04, 2023, 05:00:50 PM
Quote from: Antiphon1 on September 03, 2023, 09:05:17 PM

It's like a Word update. 
Was that a nice feature? Now it's gone.
Did that location make sense?  Now it's over here.
Need a shortcut? Easy it is CTRL+@+F3+Summon Cthulu.  Why can't you remember that?

Feeling your pain.

Be glad you aren't in Brightspace.  Updates happen seemingly spontaneously.  Set up a class?  Ha!  A week later you have to scroll backward through 14 unrelated options to get to the toggle you need to move a widget from one location to another in the same module.  I work in both Blackboard and Brightspace.  I may be bald before Thanksgiving. 

Langue_doc

Our local grocery stores have been out of Saran wrap for several months, so I had to get another brand that is difficult to tear out and keeps sticking to itself.