News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

Trivial Irrelevant Aggravations

Started by sprout, October 03, 2019, 12:32:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ciao_yall

Quote from: Langue_doc on September 08, 2023, 05:48:54 AMOur local grocery stores have been out of Saran wrap for several months, so I had to get another brand that is difficult to tear out and keeps sticking to itself.

This is the best plastic wrap ever. You can get it at Costco or other markets that are supplied by Costco.

cathwen

I agree! I buy Stretch-tite at the supermarket (Big Y), but it may be available in other chains.

Langue_doc

AmLitHist

Probably TMI, but our puppy Rigby went into her first heat this morning. (Neither ALHS or I have ever had an unneutered female. Fortunately, having raised two girls and been one myself, I've got this.)  Poor baby clearly isn't feeling good.

At least now we can look forward to getting her spayed, since her vet wanted to wait until afterwards for some specific reasons.

Not a big deal, but as the title says, it's a trivial aggravation, coming as I'm drowning in papers to grade.

evil_physics_witchcraft

My eyes are inflamed and I have sinus pain. Damn fall allergies. :(

secundem_artem

Quote from: ciao_yall on September 08, 2023, 08:10:10 AM
Quote from: Langue_doc on September 08, 2023, 05:48:54 AMOur local grocery stores have been out of Saran wrap for several months, so I had to get another brand that is difficult to tear out and keeps sticking to itself.

This is the best plastic wrap ever. You can get it at Costco or other markets that are supplied by Costco.

The
Quote from: Langue_doc on September 08, 2023, 12:26:35 PMThanks, ciao_yall and cathwen!

Stretch 'n Seal or nothing.  The regular stuff never tears clear and only sticks to itself when I try to tear off a piece.
Funeral by funeral, the academy advances

Parasaurolophus

I've never seen the northern lights. They're happening right above us right now, but on the other side of the island. My view to that side is blocked by a mountainside and heavy cloud cover.

Sigh.

(I could, of course, drive over, but it's late and the hatchling is sick.)
I know it's a genus.

EdnaMode

It really annoys me when the maintenance people put the super huge rolls of TP in the holders (that are locked) and don't bother to start the roll and then I end up rolling it around whilst reaching underneath, trying to find an end, trying not to tear little bits off, and end up making a mess before I finally get the roll going.
I never look back, darling. It distracts from the now.

the_geneticist

The cat litter my cats like comes in a cardboard box with cutout "handles" that are too flimsy to support the weight of said box when trying to pour the litter from the box into the litter pan.

I'm supposed to be able to blame any cat litter outside the litter pan on the cats, not on me!

sinenomine

My sister and I, who live about 1000 miles apart, mailed holiday gifts to each other via USPS a couple weeks ago. My package to her arrived one day after the estimated delivery date; fine. Her package to me went into limbo, then arrived at the regional distribution center near me on Thursday, where it was rerouted back to her regional distribution center, and is now supposedly being delivered to her house today. We're both waiting to see if the address was somehow obliterated. If not, she'll be using UPS or FedEx in the future...
"How fleeting are all human passions compared with the massive continuity of ducks...."

FishProf

Mailing a package to Hawai'i, via UPS.  It is, granted, an oddly shaped situation.  On lone thin pckg, and 5 other smaller, squarer  items.  Cost for USP to package them up.  Price to ship - $900.

No f'n way.

Go to USPS, they look at the stuff, say box these up together, they will be $25 to get there on time.  The other one is $45 on time, $23 by 1Jan24. 

WTF USP?
I'd rather have questions I can't answer, than answers I can't question.

Juvenal

And first class postage goes up soon.  Buy some rolls of "Forever Stamps" now.  They'll keep.
Cranky septuagenarian

sinenomine

Quote from: sinenomine on December 16, 2023, 08:20:37 AMMy sister and I, who live about 1000 miles apart, mailed holiday gifts to each other via USPS a couple weeks ago. My package to her arrived one day after the estimated delivery date; fine. Her package to me went into limbo, then arrived at the regional distribution center near me on Thursday, where it was rerouted back to her regional distribution center, and is now supposedly being delivered to her house today. We're both waiting to see if the address was somehow obliterated. If not, she'll be using UPS or FedEx in the future...

The latest update: the package was rerouted from my sister's post office back to the regional distribution center near me. My sister spoke to a manager, who said this bouncing has been happening a lot. At this rate, there may be no presents under my tree this year!
"How fleeting are all human passions compared with the massive continuity of ducks...."

apl68

Quote from: Juvenal on December 16, 2023, 07:10:09 PMAnd first class postage goes up soon.  Buy some rolls of "Forever Stamps" now.  They'll keep.

That reminds me--I need to get rolls of stamps for the library this week or the next.  We need some, and we've still got some money in this year's postage budget.
If in this life only we had hope of Christ, we would be the most pathetic of them all.  But now is Christ raised from the dead, the first of those who slept.  First Christ, then afterward those who belong to Christ when he comes.

Thursday's_Child

I miss-timed breakfast preparations this morning, so I had to figure out how to keep the muffin halves & their toppings warm while the egg finished poaching.