News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

What's your weather?

Started by polly_mer, May 20, 2019, 05:47:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mamselle

Yes, the meta-weather reports were forecasting seriously bad weather, for the, what, 3rd or 4th mid-week stint, running?

Stay safe, all.

It's 70, here, not sure how that happened. It'll go down to freezing tomorrow,  betcha.

M.
Forsake the foolish, and live; and go in the way of understanding.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

hmaria1609

A repeat of yesterday. I went outside to get some vitamin D earlier.  Also I put up the sun shade in my car.
Quote from: dismalist on April 12, 2022, 07:08:25 PM
I love global warming [NoVa]! :-)

Cheers to hmaria.

[From you I learnt of the existence of WTOP. It's, like, news and information! No opinions. Very helpful.]
You're welcome! :) WTOP Radio is an Edward R. Murrow award winning radio station for regional news.  I have it on during my commutes to the library.

apl68

Pouring down hard outside.  Just minutes before we're supposed to go home.  Looks like I'll have to hitch a ride.
If in this life only we had hope of Christ, we would be the most pathetic of them all.  But now is Christ raised from the dead, the first of those who slept.  First Christ, then afterward those who belong to Christ when he comes.

Harlow2

Within the space of 5 days: need gloves and jacket, 84* and humid, need jacket

clean

76 now, with expected high of 88.  Humidity is in the air... So typical spring/early summer.

Hurricane season starts in 45 days or so.  Though, in the last few years the tropical systems have not been reading the calendar!
"The Emperor is not as forgiving as I am"  Darth Vader

mamselle

60s here.

I ran errands eary, and had to carry my jacket home, it started out this AM in the upper 40s.

M.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

apl68

Lots of rain in recent days.  It's making up for some of the severe rain deficit we developed in the early part of the year.  We had a wet, gloomy, somewhat chilly Easter.  Glad that our region has escaped any destructive storms and flooding so far.
If in this life only we had hope of Christ, we would be the most pathetic of them all.  But now is Christ raised from the dead, the first of those who slept.  First Christ, then afterward those who belong to Christ when he comes.

paultuttle

Wet here, too; a cold front's going through. It's muddy (truly redly muddy, with puddles) in the backyard, but beautifully wetly green and full of scattered blossoms/petals in the side and front yards.

I've got a lot of sympathy for both the squirrels and the neighborhood cats who hunt them.

hmaria1609

Rain! It started this morning. Some parts of the area saw light snow earlier today.

apl68

Beautiful, though a bit cool, yesterday, chilly and rainy today.  Mostly recurring sprinkles, and not the downpours that have become our normal precipitation in recent years.  That we have so little mud and standing water around after the heavy rains of recent days is a testament to just how very dry we were in the first three months of the year.  The high tomorrow is supposed to be 20 degrees higher than it is today.

I saw an article in today's paper about how somebody in a different state reported fake tornado sightings in OUR state during a siege of bad weather the other day.  That would explain the tornado emergency in that region that turned out to yield no actual tornadoes.  The hoaxer apparently knew both weather terminology and the National Weather Service's volunteer reporting system well enough to make a very convincing hoax.  Now they're going to be skittish about trusting reports on that system for a while.  Great job of undermining trust in a useful warning system, Hoaxer!

mamselle

Cool but comfy, had a nice walk this AM!

The river was up quite a bit; apparently I slept through a storm the other evening...

M.

AmLitHist

Warming up here (finally!)--low to mid 80s today, with wind tomorrow and showers Sunday.

It's been a cool, wet spring. No farming going on around here, or across the 50 miles of fields on my way to work--there's water standing in most of them.  Normally, corn planting would be about to wrap up in another week or so, but so far, most guys haven't even been able to plow or disc, let alone plant. The wheat fields look good, though.

You can't take the farm out of the girl. . .

Juvenal

Perfect.  Earth Day brought bright sun, cloudless sky, light breeze, mid-sixties (open windows!), and all the flowering trees were either in full flower or in fattening bud.  Today--despite some late afternoon overcast--like.  And yet, spring seems a bit "too early" from my recollections.  Climate change?  Let's worry about that tomorrow--as Scarlett said.
Cranky septuagenarian

hmaria1609

A rainy start to the weekend:
https://wtop.com/local/2022/05/stormy-weather-kicks-off-mothers-day-weekend-in-dc-area/
A few places in the DC area have a flood warning too.

hmaria1609

While the rain has come and gone, flood warnings remain:
https://wtop.com/weather-news/2022/05/dc-area-watches-and-warnings-remain-on-rainy-mothers-day-morning/
I saw the river had overflowed its banks.