News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

What's your weather?

Started by polly_mer, May 20, 2019, 05:47:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ab_grp

That's a neat way to see a rainbow, Langue_doc! We used to see some beautiful ones here once in a while, but I guess some sort of rain or moisture in the air is needed.  I will be keeping my eye out.

mamselle

I've seen a couple of doubles in my life, but none sectored like that.

Cool!

M.
Forsake the foolish, and live; and go in the way of understanding.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

paultuttle

What's that song? "Hot - hot - hot"?

'Nuff said.

apl68

Pretty days, without the rain that was forecast.  Maybe the forecast rain in the next two days has a chance?  Temperatures hot, but at least not as hot as they could be.
If in this life only we had hope of Christ, we would be the most pathetic of them all.  But now is Christ raised from the dead, the first of those who slept.  First Christ, then afterward those who belong to Christ when he comes.

mamselle

Not too bad.

I had to run a quick errand before my AM student, and it was getting warmer by the time I returned, but it's still comfortable indoors, at least.

I'll make sure to go out early in the AM tomorrow--for another errand--although there's rain predicted by tonight/tomorrow.

On va voir.

M.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

Harlow2

Incoming thunderstorms that derailed a hike have just veered off in another direction. Or, more precisely, they seem to have evaporated. Too late to reinstitute the hike, and we could use the rain.

Bbmaj7b5

Triple digit highs for the next 10 days.

I have to get out of the South.

lightning

Hot AF. Even Hawaii is looking good right now.

apl68

Got some needed rain in the last few days.  Now very hot and sunny, though not as hot as it could be around here.  It's hot enough to slow me down.  I've had a lot of fatigue over the past week, and I'm not sure why.
If in this life only we had hope of Christ, we would be the most pathetic of them all.  But now is Christ raised from the dead, the first of those who slept.  First Christ, then afterward those who belong to Christ when he comes.

evil_physics_witchcraft

Currently 94 deg. F, but it 'feels' like 104. :(

Looks like we may have some rain later in the week. I can only hope.

arcturus

It is a "hazy hot and humid" 80 degrees F at 7am this morning. Temperatures expected to be just below triple digits by mid-afternoon.  I am glad I had my HVAC replaced earlier this month!

paultuttle

70s (Fahrenheit) and breezy in the morning, then the sun heats everything up by lunchtime, followed by (flash-BOOM!) strong thunderstorms in the afternoons.

Very dramatic. Almost as though the weather is going through puberty. Which in NC happens annually, it seems.

mamselle

Warm-ish, but not bad.

Right now, it's 79, supposed to peak at about 85 degrees, but it is July, after all...

Having spent six hours on a Saturday in hotter temps, in a corset and panniers, I'm fine with it.

M.

hmaria1609

It was pouring rain when we left for the day, a relief from the heat. 
Some parts of the metro DC region had thunderstorms and storm related damage:
https://wtop.com/weather-news/2022/07/hot-humid-weather-will-lead-to-stormy-day-in-dc-area/

mamselle

Supposed to reach 88-90 F today, rain early tomorrow.

Fun.

M.