Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

What's your weather?

Started by polly_mer, May 20, 2019, 05:47:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mamselle

Ah, ce sont les francais....

M.
Forsake the foolish, and live; and go in the way of understanding.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

hmaria1609

Quote from: dismalist on June 02, 2022, 07:56:05 PM
Surprisingly, I'm in the clear across the Potomac. Welcome to the most advanced third world country!
*Waves* Hey, neighbor!

Parasaurolophus

Lots of rain. The highway ramp nearby was covered in about a foot of water yesterday.
I know it's a genus.

Ruralguy

I drove up east coast yesterday,so take your pick! No snow, but everything else.m

apl68

Just checked the extended forecast.  It calls for partly cloudy skies and highs of 93 degrees for the next five days in a row.  Entirely plausible weather for this region, but it would be remarkable to have it be that consistent for five whole days.  We'll see.
If in this life only we had hope of Christ, we would be the most pathetic of them all.  But now is Christ raised from the dead, the first of those who slept.  First Christ, then afterward those who belong to Christ when he comes.

Vkw10

Hot, hotter, hottest. Over 100 the last time I looked, with the same expected for rest of week. The pool was bath water warm by mid-afternoon.

We need rain.
Enthusiasm is not a skill set. (MH)

ab_grp

Quote from: Vkw10 on June 06, 2022, 04:40:26 PM
Hot, hotter, hottest. Over 100 the last time I looked, with the same expected for rest of week. The pool was bath water warm by mid-afternoon.

We need rain.

I am with you.  We are also in the 100+ for the rest of the forecast (until next Weds).  And I think we've gotten less than an inch of precipitation this year.  I hope we both get some rain and cooler temps! We are getting our larger HVAC unit replaced next week (unfortunately on our bedroom side), and I really hope it only takes one full day and doesn't spill over into the second, but at least we have the smaller one to help out since that one was already replaced.  Sorry that even the pool is probably not much relief! We don't have one, but I'm certainly thankful for the A/C and hope the larger one holds out.  It has been icing over in the mornings again, but we've checked the usual culprits, so I guess we just have to wait until next week.

Harlow2

Sympathy for those with the high temps, which we had last week. Since then we've been low to mid 80s with low humidity.  The humidity part is about to change, but this has been bluebird sky weather.

evil_physics_witchcraft

We're supposed to have scattered thunderstorms, around 7pm. Right now, it's mild and overcast. Tomorrow we may have 'small' hail and scattered thunderstorms. :(

ergative

Our lovely warm sun has disappeared, and it's cool and rainy today. I wish I could send it over to you folks sweltering in the heat.

ab_grp

Quote from: ergative on June 08, 2022, 03:28:58 AM
Our lovely warm sun has disappeared, and it's cool and rainy today. I wish I could send it over to you folks sweltering in the heat.

Thank you, though I'm sorry your nice sunshine is gone for now!

I was made aware last night that actually the unit that the HVAC people ordered months ago shipped last Friday, but if it doesn't get here by this Friday then we miss the installation appointment and who knows when the next one will be (weeks, at least).  I am trying not to lose my mind about this.  Can't someone (hint hint, HVAC place) check the freaking tracking to see where it is?! Couldn't we have had the option of expedited shipping? We're already paying college tuition at a good school for these units, so who cares at this point! I guess it will all just be a surprise.  I love this area, but we are considering moving (interthreaduality!), and I will definitely be taking weather/utilities/infrastructure into account.

mamselle

This guy seems articulate and reliable:

https://youtu.be/_H_YUc6SYMc

M.
Forsake the foolish, and live; and go in the way of understanding.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

Harlow2

Thunderstorms on the way.

hmaria1609

Flash flood warnings overnight in parts of Maryland along with flood watches in DC and VA:
https://wtop.com/weather-news/2022/06/thunderstorms-possible-this-afternoon-flood-watch-for-parts-of-virginia/
We had some rain here earlier this evening.

dismalist

Quote from: hmaria1609 on June 08, 2022, 07:17:08 PM
Flash flood warnings overnight in parts of Maryland along with flood watches in DC and VA:
https://wtop.com/weather-news/2022/06/thunderstorms-possible-this-afternoon-flood-watch-for-parts-of-virginia/
We had some rain here earlier this evening.

Am still on the correct, non storm, side of the Potomac, neighbor! :-)
That's not even wrong!
--Wolfgang Pauli