News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

What's your weather?

Started by polly_mer, May 20, 2019, 05:47:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dismalist

Quote from: Langue_doc on June 22, 2022, 12:45:07 PM
Probably in the sixties today; most people in the subway were wearing jackets, sweaters, or other warm clothing. Now it's raining.

I'm not complaining, as I like cool temperatures, but it's the end of June, and it's supposed to be much warmer this time of the year.

I'd love it!

Grew up in NY City, and remember days such as Juvenal mentioned, but now live in this lovely place far from civilization, called Northern Virginia. I believe this is in the South. Air conditioning made the South habitable.

Speaking with W.C. Fields, I'd rather be in upstate New York. Of course, there are those pesky transaction costs.
That's not even wrong!
--Wolfgang Pauli

apl68

Projected highs of 99 today and tomorrow, with heat index much higher due to our humidity.  Our actual recorded temperatures are usually a couple of degrees higher than projected.
All we like sheep have gone astray
We have each turned to his own way
And the Lord has laid upon him the guilt of us all

clean

in Dallas for a Better Investing National Conference (the group the helps with Investment Clubs.... for anyone old enough to remember The Bairdstown Ladies).

Dallas hit 103 today!!!  Here til Sunday afternoon.  We wont be going outside!!
"The Emperor is not as forgiving as I am"  Darth Vader

evil_physics_witchcraft

Almost 11pm and it's 82 deg. F, but 'feels' like 86. Humidity is 64%. Will it please rain???

Juvenal

It's 87, but a dry 87.  Thus, the crackers stay m.o.l. crunchy while on the plate.  Sky transparently blue, calm air.  SO, no need to turn on the A/C.  Missing a colleague's excuse for a party (birthday of her three-year-old--bouncy castle, etc.), because--well, I am a "cranky septuagenarian" and have always lacked small talk for social gatherings.  If they only knew what I really thought...  Better have another beer, but I'd have to drive home.  And I'm surprised how quickly driving has become something problematic here in my latter seventies.
Cranky septuagenarian

mamselle

My phone thermometer says, "88" but it feels comfy here on the shady side of the house with the doors and windows closed and the curtains drawn.

I took a walk earlier and it was heating up a bit, but still not bad.

However, we, too, need rain.

The brook is 'way down and the river it flows into is only a bit better--almost no waterbirds to be seen, they're probably all downstream.

M. 
Forsake the foolish, and live; and go in the way of understanding.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

Ruralguy

My area hasn't had a significant drought in over a decade, fortunately, though certainly summers can get pretty hot.
There can be humid nights with off an on storms.

apl68

A thunder storm on Sunday evening cooled things down.  Highs in the upper 80s are remarkably mild for this region at this time of year.  More rain in the forecast starting on Thursday.

evil_physics_witchcraft

We had pouring rain yesterday (we needed it!). Currently, it's 77 deg. F, but 'feels' like 85. Humidity is 73%. Hopefully, we will get more rain later tonight.

ab_grp

I'm glad to hear about the rain and cooler temps in your area, EPW! We could use some here as well, but it's mostly just been gray and threatening.

evil_physics_witchcraft

Quote from: ab_grp on June 28, 2022, 07:44:53 AM
I'm glad to hear about the rain and cooler temps in your area, EPW! We could use some here as well, but it's mostly just been gray and threatening.

I hear ya'! We had such oppressive weather lately.

little bongo

Fairly mild today--supposed to have pretty good weather over the Fourth of July weekend.

Juvenal

Torrents yesterday and humidity to make the chips go limp; today, well, some vexations (of existence), but I will mention the title of some work whose author I can't quite recall.  Right now it's "evening edged with gold."  What a perfect June day it's been (hereabouts; YMMV).
Cranky septuagenarian

Langue_doc

Sending rain wishes to forumites who need rain and cooler temperatures to those in need of the same.

Instead of the thunderstorms that were forecast for yesterday afternoon, we got about an hour of steady rain. During my walk after the rain, there was a quarter of an arc of a rainbow on my right, emerging from the ground. Parallel to that, to its right was another shorter arc, rather blurry. As I continued walking, I saw on my left, the left end of the rainbow, so there were the two lower ends of the rainbow, with a large gap in between. There is a large building-less vista to the right of the path, so the arc was visible for the entire duration of the first leg of the walk.

Today's weather was quite pleasant for me to be out and about. Tomorrow's forecast is for equally comfortable temperatures.

apl68

Quote from: Langue_doc on June 28, 2022, 07:10:45 PM
Sending rain wishes to forumites who need rain and cooler temperatures to those in need of the same.

Instead of the thunderstorms that were forecast for yesterday afternoon, we got about an hour of steady rain. During my walk after the rain, there was a quarter of an arc of a rainbow on my right, emerging from the ground. Parallel to that, to its right was another shorter arc, rather blurry. As I continued walking, I saw on my left, the left end of the rainbow, so there were the two lower ends of the rainbow, with a large gap in between. There is a large building-less vista to the right of the path, so the arc was visible for the entire duration of the first leg of the walk.

Today's weather was quite pleasant for me to be out and about. Tomorrow's forecast is for equally comfortable temperatures.

Congratulations on the rainbow sighting!