News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

Random Thoughts Anew

Started by mamselle, May 27, 2019, 09:31:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Economizer

It is doubtlessly too late, but I think the NFL playoff games slated today in Greenbay and Buffalo should be postponed and be rescheduled for Monday night play in Sydney Australia and Buenos Aires Argentina. Better weather, and attendance matters could be easily manipulated due to lack of interest.
As things are, we should all say a prayer for those "suited up". If needed, maybe next week, huh?
So, I tried to straighten everything out and guess what I got for it.  No, really, just guess!

apl68

You never know what will be donated to the library next.  Among today's arrivals:  The New Joy of Jello Recipe Book.  Lots of impressively done color photography there.
All we like sheep have gone astray
We have each turned to his own way
And the Lord has laid upon him the guilt of us all

wareagle

We could start a whole new thread of jello recipes.  You could pull some out of this wonderful book!

I think the Lutheran Church Basement women have already published on this subject....
[A]n effective administrative philosophy would be to remember that faculty members are goats.  Occasionally, this will mean helping them off of the outhouse roof or watching them eat the drapes.   -mended drum

hmaria1609

Quote from: apl68 on January 19, 2021, 10:17:14 AM
You never know what will be donated to the library next.  Among today's arrivals:  The New Joy of Jello Recipe Book.  Lots of impressively done color photography there.
*LOL*
I came across a manual for a fax machine in our quarantined library materials last week. It went directly to the recycle bin!

downer

One of my students is doing their work from Venezuela. They live in Caracas. I know that place has some problems, but that is a beautiful city. I should be extra nice to this student.
"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross."—Sinclair Lewis

mamselle

A double 10 days later...

Our own crested saurian is back in the news--nice picture!

https://scitechdaily.com/jaw-dropping-new-dinosaur-skull-discovery-reveals-evolution-of-bizarre-crest/

I think they're a bit judgmental, saying it's "bizarre." I find it beautiful!

M.
Forsake the foolish, and live; and go in the way of understanding.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

FishProf

Quote from: mamselle on January 26, 2021, 07:50:26 AM
A double 10 days later...

Our own crested saurian is back in the news--nice picture!

https://scitechdaily.com/jaw-dropping-new-dinosaur-skull-discovery-reveals-evolution-of-bizarre-crest/

I think they're a bit judgmental, saying it's "bizarre." I find it beautiful!

M.

I teach a course on Dinosaurs.  I didn't see what was "new" in that article.
I'd rather have questions I can't answer, than answers I can't question.

mamselle

Sorry, no, I didn't mean to say it was new overall (although the skull they're reporting on is apparently a recent discovery), but the graphics were kinda cool, and since we have our very own tame specimen on the fora, I thought I'd share--randomly, of course...

;--}

M.
Forsake the foolish, and live; and go in the way of understanding.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

Economizer

The commercial which shows an auto being driven with various forgotten things riding on top features a beautiful operatic vocal. Anyone know who the singer is? What an intense and cultured voice! He is truly an inspiration.
So, I tried to straighten everything out and guess what I got for it.  No, really, just guess!

Economizer

So far, despite the recent political mayhem, it is projected that in 2021 there can still be "a chicken in every pot". However, poultry industry forecasts of consumption during the Super Bowl suggest that the chicken will most likely have no wings. Ibid...

AmLitHist

I just posted a vet appointment for the cat (interthreaduality) in my work Outlook calendar, and I'll be damned if it doesn't put a picture of a cat on there!  I tried "dog vet appointment" for a fake, and it puts a dog picture!  FINALLY, I've stumbled on something the school's IT products do right!  :-)

(Yes, I am embarrassed by how happy the cat picture made me.  It really doesn't take much these days.)

FishProf

But it's not YOUR cat.

Tomorrow, you will receive your adoption papers from IT.....
I'd rather have questions I can't answer, than answers I can't question.

sinenomine

Quote from: Economizer on January 27, 2021, 05:30:11 PM
The commercial which shows an auto being driven with various forgotten things riding on top features a beautiful operatic vocal. Anyone know who the singer is? What an intense and cultured voice! He is truly an inspiration.

Do you mean the ad with the recording of Edith Piaf singing "Je Ne Regrette Rien"?
"How fleeting are all human passions compared with the massive continuity of ducks...."

evil_physics_witchcraft

Quote from: AmLitHist on February 02, 2021, 10:03:14 AM
I just posted a vet appointment for the cat (interthreaduality) in my work Outlook calendar, and I'll be damned if it doesn't put a picture of a cat on there!  I tried "dog vet appointment" for a fake, and it puts a dog picture!  FINALLY, I've stumbled on something the school's IT products do right!  :-)

(Yes, I am embarrassed by how happy the cat picture made me.  It really doesn't take much these days.)

That is hilarious. It's the little things.

Langue_doc

Quote from: evil_physics_witchcraft on February 02, 2021, 01:35:59 PM
Quote from: AmLitHist on February 02, 2021, 10:03:14 AM

That is hilarious. It's the little things.

So true.