News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

Random Thoughts Anew

Started by mamselle, May 27, 2019, 09:31:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mamselle

Forsake the foolish, and live; and go in the way of understanding.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

EdnaMode

I wonder what the (presumably) new to this area students and faculty, who I saw wearing puffy coats this morning, will do when it actually gets cold? It was 56 degrees this morning on my way into campus.
I never look back, darling. It distracts from the now.

apl68

Quote from: EdnaMode on September 23, 2021, 06:45:36 AM
I wonder what the (presumably) new to this area students and faculty, who I saw wearing puffy coats this morning, will do when it actually gets cold? It was 56 degrees this morning on my way into campus.

I wonder what they'll do when it warms up later on today, if they aren't close to a place where they can leave their puffy coats so that they aren't sweltering.
If in this life only we had hope of Christ, we would be the most pathetic of them all.  But now is Christ raised from the dead, the first of those who slept.  First Christ, then afterward those who belong to Christ when he comes.

mahagonny

Imagine sorting children into groups by skin color, then labelling them as to either their merit or their blame for something done hundreds of years ago. Some kids (mixed) wouldn't know which group they belong to. Imagine the stress deciding! Get out your dictionary, look up 'oppressor.' What an absolutely dastardly, perverted activity. Worse yet, the dishonesty of those who pretend not to see what an abomination it is. Know what's behind this movement? Very simple. Hatred.

downer

How often do you have students whose last name is the word for a vegetable? Can you guess which vegetable this student shares a name with?
"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross."—Sinclair Lewis

evil_physics_witchcraft

Quote from: downer on September 26, 2021, 07:38:07 AM
How often do you have students whose last name is the word for a vegetable? Can you guess which vegetable this student shares a name with?

Probably not courgette.

Chard?

mamselle

Onion.

Or...Bean?

Do you have one of Mr. Bean's kids in your class?

;--}

M.
Forsake the foolish, and live; and go in the way of understanding.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

downer

Legumes are fruit.

I knew someone in college whose last name was Onions. But it isn't that.
"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross."—Sinclair Lewis

evil_physics_witchcraft

Quote from: downer on September 26, 2021, 11:35:41 AM
Legumes are fruit.

I knew someone in college whose last name was Onions. But it isn't that.

Chive? Maize (maiz)?

dismalist

QuoteLegumes are fruit.

Qué?
That's not even wrong!
--Wolfgang Pauli

secundem_artem

We had neighbors with the last name of Wortel.  That's the Dutch word for carrot or root.  Dutch family so it made sense.
Funeral by funeral, the academy advances

downer

Quote from: dismalist on September 26, 2021, 03:06:05 PM
QuoteLegumes are fruit.

Qué?

C'est vrai.

Here's a clue. It's an Italian word.

dismalist

Quote from: downer on September 26, 2021, 05:42:21 PM
Quote from: dismalist on September 26, 2021, 03:06:05 PM
QuoteLegumes are fruit.

Qué?

C'est vrai.

Here's a clue. It's an Italian word.

Upon undertaking thorough research on the internet, I conclude that legumes are flowering plants, not flowers. A legume is any plant that bears its fruit inside a pod. Legume is an umbrella term that includes beans and pulses. Thus, all beans are considered a legume, but not all legumes are considered beans.

Pasta  e Fagioli! :-)
That's not even wrong!
--Wolfgang Pauli

smallcleanrat

Cabbage? Leek? Carrot?

EdnaMode

Broccoli?
I never look back, darling. It distracts from the now.