News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

Random Thoughts Anew

Started by mamselle, May 27, 2019, 09:31:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mahagonny

If you believe something has been rated improperly, why would you then want to hear more from the people who've been doing the rating?

downer

I admire the chutzpah of the school that has a mandatory faculty training day via zoom, when the large majority of their faculty are part time.

It may unfortunately turn out that's the day my booster is booked.
"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross."—Sinclair Lewis

downer

If the first pop up link on the library web page is "Support the library" that strongy suggests that the university is not supporting the library.

It's a bad look.
"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross."—Sinclair Lewis

apl68

Quote from: downer on January 25, 2022, 10:00:43 AM
If the first pop up link on the library web page is "Support the library" that strongy suggests that the university is not supporting the library.

It's a bad look.

You mean, the library has been driven to raise funds on their web page?
If in this life only we had hope of Christ, we would be the most pathetic of them all.  But now is Christ raised from the dead, the first of those who slept.  First Christ, then afterward those who belong to Christ when he comes.

downer

Quote from: apl68 on January 25, 2022, 10:23:49 AM
Quote from: downer on January 25, 2022, 10:00:43 AM

It's a bad look.

You mean, the library has been driven to raise funds on their web page?

I don't know the cause but I know how it looks.

apl68

Once again the Air National Guard is conducting maneuvers above our town, raising impious war in heaven and casting a Tholian web of condensation trails over us.

Zankoku na tenshi no you ni.
If in this life only we had hope of Christ, we would be the most pathetic of them all.  But now is Christ raised from the dead, the first of those who slept.  First Christ, then afterward those who belong to Christ when he comes.

downer

Isn't it a little late to be advertising a full time position for Spring 2022?

apl68

Today I saw an article on an author I'd not read about before.  His dates were given as 1898-1885.  Was it a typo, or did he die thirteen years before he was born?  That would have been an awfully tragic life.

marshwiggle

Quote from: apl68 on February 08, 2022, 03:32:34 PM
Today I saw an article on an author I'd not read about before.  His dates were given as 1898-1885.  Was it a typo, or did he die thirteen years before he was born?  That would have been an awfully tragic life.

H.G. Wells wrote The Time Machine in 1895. Coincidence? I think not.
It takes so little to be above average.

Wahoo Redux

Quote from: marshwiggle on February 08, 2022, 03:48:30 PM
Quote from: apl68 on February 08, 2022, 03:32:34 PM

H.G. Wells wrote The Time Machine in 1895. Coincidence? I think not.

One theory about Merlin is that he was living his life backward through time.  This was the dark ages, of course, but maybe Merlin had a great, great, great, great grandfather who was born after he was?
Come, fill the Cup, and in the fire of Spring
Your Winter-garment of Repentance fling:
The Bird of Time has but a little way
To flutter--and the Bird is on the Wing.

downer

Who likes napping?

I love it.

FishProf

Why do some people seem to take delight, perhaps even sustenance, from unnecessary antagonism?

Also, if you want to start a napping fan club, I'm in.
I'd rather have questions I can't answer, than answers I can't question.

downer

mamselle

I would guess we could start a napping thread, but would anyone ever wake up to post to it?

M.
Forsake the foolish, and live; and go in the way of understanding.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

FishProf

Huh? What?  What'd I miss?
I'd rather have questions I can't answer, than answers I can't question.