News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

Impeachment

Started by nebo113, September 22, 2019, 05:50:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mamselle

Me, three...and then I'm done...

With Barr's new probe, it's all going to go down in pettiness, obfuscation, and silliness.

The reading, thinking (or not) electorate is not going to have the patience needed for all the "he-said/she-said" stuff.

A brilliant tactic, to play to public distractibility.

So, I'm out.

France is looking better all the time....

M.
Forsake the foolish, and live; and go in the way of understanding.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

polly_mer

Quote from: mamselle on October 25, 2019, 03:58:49 AM
France is looking better all the time....

This would be the same France for which the US State Department has issued travel warnings due to the continuing violent protests and terrorist activities?  https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/international-travel/International-Travel-Country-Information-Pages/France.html
Quote from: hmaria1609 on June 27, 2019, 07:07:43 PM
Do whatever you want--I'm just the background dancer in your show!

mamselle

Yeah, even in spite of those.

Maybe I'll just come back to give papers.

M.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

downer

You hear so much BS about needing to avoid "terrorism" in other countries. Yes, there are incidents. The State Dept lists 8 deaths of US citizens in France in 2018. 3 were suicides, and 5 were accidents. No terrorism. It will be about the same for this year.

I like this travel advisory from Amnesty International about visiting the US:
https://www.amnestyusa.org/our-work/government-relations/advocacy/travel-advisory-united-states-of-america/

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross."—Sinclair Lewis

mamselle

For levity's sake, since we need a bit.

A friend who works in the DC establishment likes to go around for Hallowe'en, even though he's about 8 times the age of the average kid out for candy.

This year, he went around blowing a game whistle and wearing a shirt that said, "I'm - (image of a peach) - (image of a mint leaf)."

He handed out candies to other trick-or-treaters, if they guessed the rebus.

I am assured by several friends that he is not the whistleblower....but I did wonder...he's been hard to reach lately..

M.

nebo113

Quote from: mamselle on November 04, 2019, 06:27:42 AM

A friend who works in the DC establishment likes to go around for Hallowe'en, even though he's about 8 times the age of the average kid out for candy.

This year, he went around blowing a game whistle and wearing a shirt that said, "I'm - (image of a peach) - (image of a mint leaf)."

I am assured by several friends that he is not the whistleblower....but I did wonder...he's been hard to reach lately..

M.

I was in Georgetown one year for Halloween.  What a hoot!!! Might be where your friend was.

Puget

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/11/05/us/politics/impeachment-trump.html?action=click&module=Top%20Stories&pgtype=Homepage

The money quote:

QuoteIn the addendum, Mr. Sondland said he had "refreshed my recollection" after reading the testimony given by  Mr. Taylor and Timothy Morrison, the senior director for Europe and Russia at the National Security Council.

Haha. More like his attorneys refreshed his memory of the fact that lying to congress under oath constitutes perjury and can land you in prison.
"Never get separated from your lunch. Never get separated from your friends. Never climb up anything you can't climb down."
–Best Colorado Peak Hikes

mamselle

Quote from: nebo113 on November 05, 2019, 04:40:33 AM
Quote from: mamselle on November 04, 2019, 06:27:42 AM

M.

I was in Georgetown one year for Halloween.  What a hoot!!! Might be where your friend was.

Oh, my....that would be telling...

M.

nebo113

Here's my prognostication for impeachment...and keep in mind that I am usually very, very wrong.  Moscow Mitch is very unpopular in Ky.  45* apparently couldn't get Bevins over the line, primarily because suburban voters no longer support him.  If battleground states begin to look iffy for 45*,  Moscow Mitch may take that long walk from Capitol Hill to the White House and tell 45* to vacate.

waterboy

We should be so lucky. I mean, I'm for that, but...we should be so lucky.
"I know you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure that what you heard was not what I meant."

spork

Quote from: nebo113 on November 06, 2019, 04:08:10 AM
Here's my prognostication for impeachment...and keep in mind that I am usually very, very wrong.  Moscow Mitch is very unpopular in Ky.  45* apparently couldn't get Bevins over the line, primarily because suburban voters no longer support him.  If battleground states begin to look iffy for 45*,  Moscow Mitch may take that long walk from Capitol Hill to the White House and tell 45* to vacate.

Won't happen as long as his wife is raking in the cash from insider deals as Secretary of Transportation.
It's terrible writing, used to obfuscate the fact that the authors actually have nothing to say.

ciao_yall

Quote from: spork on November 06, 2019, 05:56:53 PM
Quote from: nebo113 on November 06, 2019, 04:08:10 AM

Won't happen as long as his wife is raking in the cash from insider deals as Secretary of Transportation.

He'll time it carefully.... assuming her adventures come to light by yet another whistleblower.

mahagonny

The fact that he could get reelected but then removed from office following that could be a reason not to vote for him. Even if you didn't feel strongly that he needed to be removed. So putting off the impeachment rather than having it resolved before the voting was wise political strategy, right?

Ruralguy

I think you have to strike while the iron is hot.

Waiting for the 2000th offense to build up, and then strike, especially if he gets re-elected is more or less *the* losing strategy for impeachment.

I think everyone realizes that removal is a long-shot, even if Trump confesses like a murderer on Perry Mason (yeah, old, old reference---I'm really not that old). But if you go with the momentum and then just hope the evidence and general frustration will lead to a critical mass of Republicans flipping...there's a shot. It means some disgusting "bedfellows, " most likely....oh well.

mamselle

I think, too, that the longer people have to think about all the shenanigans going on, and get used to the ideas they embody, the more they begin to become normalized and thus less clearly at issue overall.

M.