News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

Impeachment

Started by nebo113, September 22, 2019, 05:50:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kron3007

I think you mean a great boon to social conservatives.  What happened to fiscal conservatism in the US?

Wasn't he going to end the deficits and pay down the debt in no time?

mahagonny

Quote from: Descartes on December 06, 2019, 07:42:15 AM
Quote from: writingprof on December 03, 2019, 10:18:08 AM

In the spirit of this thread, I suppose I should say that I plan to vote for Pence, as Trump is about to be removed from office.  However, that's obviously not the case, so I'll simply confess that I don't vote and don't much care who the president is.  I'll never support a baby-murderer, so that eliminates most Democrats, and it's difficult to see how any educated adult could support Trump.  My vague preference is to see a win by a Democrat with no actual beliefs (e.g., Biden).  I can't imagine he would get up to much mischief.

Really?  Why is that?  Because he says uncouth things and gets caught on mic saying them?  If you believe in conservative values, he has been a great boon to the cause with the judges he has appointed.  Domestically, things are going very well - I understand he can't really take credit for the economy, but it was his to tank. 

Yes, personally, he's a disaster, but I care much more about what he DOES in the policy sense than what he does in his personal life or what he's caught saying.

Do you really think he gets caught saying uncouth things on mic? I think the uncouth things are who he is and what he intends to broadcast.

There's at least one clear reason anyone, well educated to minimally educated, shouldn't vote for him. He's probably mentally unbalanced and certainly unpresentable to children. It would be thoughtless and selfish to vote for an incumbent who is bad for people who can't vote just because you're making money.

spork

It's terrible writing, used to obfuscate the fact that the authors actually have nothing to say.

writingprof

I thought the Senate already voted to acquit. Oops, no, they have to haul Warren et al. off the campaign trail for a while first. 

mamselle

For a minute there, I was thinking..."But...but...Earl Warren's DEAD, isn't he????"

Carry on...

M.
Forsake the foolish, and live; and go in the way of understanding.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

San Joaquin

Well, that certainly would have occasioned a delay...

mahagonny

I was reading (or attempting to read) something on realclearpolitics.com when this popped up. Wondering, what kind of half-wit does this stuff work on?...https://secure.caseyresearch.com/?cid=MKT400353&eid=MKT404061&assetId=AST102356&page=1

nebo113

Quote from: mahagonny on December 10, 2019, 06:36:25 PM
I was reading (or attempting to read) something on realclearpolitics.com when this popped up. Wondering, what kind of half-wit does this stuff work on?...https://secure.caseyresearch.com/?cid=MKT400353&eid=MKT404061&assetId=AST102356&page=1

Most of my kinfolk.....

pgher

I am SHOCKED, just SHOCKED, that Trump has been impeached. Everything has a feeling of inevitability, and meaninglessness. Of course he was going to be impeached; of course he'll be acquitted in the Senate; nobody on either side will have changed their mind about anything.

Bede the Vulnerable

Quote from: pgher on December 18, 2019, 05:42:00 PM
I am SHOCKED, just SHOCKED, that Trump has been impeached. Everything has a feeling of inevitability, and meaninglessness. Of course he was going to be impeached; of course he'll be acquitted in the Senate; nobody on either side will have changed their mind about anything.

Yep.  His approval rating has gone from 43% in the summer to 43% now, per CNN polling.  All of this new information hasn't moved the needle one bit in terms of his core support.  And when the Senate fails to convict, they'll claim that he was exonerated.
Of making many books there is no end;
And much study is a weariness of the flesh.

mamselle

I thought it was appropriate, and spoke to her larger sense of things, that Pelosi wore a dark dress, like one in mourning.

M.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

Parasaurolophus

Congratulations!

That's one thing to show for a Democratic majority in the House, anyway.
I know it's a genus.

miss jane marple

Quote from: Bede the Vulnerable on December 18, 2019, 09:09:06 PM

Yep.  His approval rating has gone from 43% in the summer to 43% now, per CNN polling.  All of this new information hasn't moved the needle one bit in terms of his core support.  And when the Senate fails to convict, they'll claim that he was exonerated.

In addition, the one thing missing from his narrative has been victimization (it's hard to claim to be a victim and a billionaire genius deity at the same time). Now he has the victim role as well. So whereas his base used to say, "he's the only one who tells the truth" they can now proudly say, "he's the only one who tells the truth AND he's gotten crucified for it". Literally. Crucified. Some politician has already said it. [sorry, no citation]
By and large, language is a tool for concealing the truth. - George Carlin

RatGuy

Quote from: miss jane marple on December 19, 2019, 09:11:07 AM
Quote from: Bede the Vulnerable on December 18, 2019, 09:09:06 PM

In addition, the one thing missing from his narrative has been victimization (it's hard to claim to be a victim and a billionaire genius deity at the same time). Now he has the victim role as well. So whereas his base used to say, "he's the only one who tells the truth" they can now proudly say, "he's the only one who tells the truth AND he's gotten crucified for it". Literally. Crucified. Some politician has already said it. [sorry, no citation]

My next door neighbor drove to Mobile, Alabama so that Trump could sign his Bible.

mamselle

A major evangelical publication has just turned around from its previous support, and is calling for removal.

The iceberg may be cracking up.

At least it's a crevasse....

M.