News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

Dinner--or Dessert--Tonight

Started by mamselle, June 03, 2019, 09:47:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dismalist

I remember my sixth grade teacher, an unkind moronette, asking: What's the most important meal of the day?

A wise classmate answered: Midnight snack!

Thus, tonight for midnight snack, I've made myself two deviled eggs. I scrunched up  the egg yolks and mixed them with the proper ingredients all by myself. I did put a tinned anchovy filet over each half egg.

To wash this down, one needs to got to the Posting while Plastered thread. :-)
That's not even wrong!
--Wolfgang Pauli

evil_physics_witchcraft

Dinner tonight was homemade mac & cheese. I added peas to my bowl.

In the future, I think the addition of bacon and jalapenos may be worthwhile!

evil_physics_witchcraft

Dinner tonight is beef stew, maybe with some kind of homemade bread. It's been simmering in the crock pot since about 1pm. I made extra to freeze for later. :)

Economizer

TV Dnner: Marie C's Swedish Meatballs and Noodles in an appropriate sauce.
I added a couple of containers of Cinnamon Applesauce. Accompanying beverage was
presweetened instant iced tea.

It was a tasty and satisfactory repast which will likely be even better when I can afford cable again! But enough about mine, you?

So, I tried to straighten everything out and guess what I got for it.  No, really, just guess!

apl68

Last night, green salad with tuna, eaten rolled in corn tortillas with a variety of seasonings.  A nice, cool meal on a warm evening.
If in this life only we had hope of Christ, we would be the most pathetic of them all.  But now is Christ raised from the dead, the first of those who slept.  First Christ, then afterward those who belong to Christ when he comes.

dismalist

Quote from: evil_physics_witchcraft on May 02, 2020, 03:27:13 PM
Dinner tonight is beef stew, maybe with some kind of homemade bread. It's been simmering in the crock pot since about 1pm. I made extra to freeze for later. :)

Envy, envy, envy! Maybe I can pull this off after the weekend. Mrs. Dismalist promised to help, so that the meal might have some flavor, but she was unable to completely suppress her mirth. :-)
That's not even wrong!
--Wolfgang Pauli

evil_physics_witchcraft

Quote from: dismalist on May 06, 2020, 03:34:59 PM
Quote from: evil_physics_witchcraft on May 02, 2020, 03:27:13 PM

Envy, envy, envy! Maybe I can pull this off after the weekend. Mrs. Dismalist promised to help, so that the meal might have some flavor, but she was unable to completely suppress her mirth. :-)

I'd send you some, but...
I made four meals worth. We had one last Saturday and the other three are in the freezer to be consumed later. Crock pots are awesome! I've had this one since college!!! Beef stew is very forgiving. Simmer long and low for tender meat. Season using oregano, couple tablespoons of tomato paste, garlic, onion, cracked black pepper, Worcestershire sauce & salt. You could also add thyme, rosemary, etc. Lots of good recipes online.

evil_physics_witchcraft

Veg patties, potato hash and peas. Misc. chocolate for dessert.

Vkw10

Broccoli and cauliflower with cheese sauce, ham, and fresh squeezed lemoanade.
Enthusiasm is not a skill set. (MH)

arcturus

Curry-rice and artichoke heart salad. With ice cream for dessert.

evil_physics_witchcraft

Main course = Left over vegetarian spaghetti with a red sauce.

Beverage = lemon, ginger, lime green tea (iced).

Dessert = Dark chocolate brownies (from a mix, but reeeaaaalllllyy good).

evil_physics_witchcraft

Quote from: Vkw10 on May 12, 2020, 06:17:49 PM

What did you do to those poor lemons? :)

Larimar

Dinner tonight will be vegetarian taco salad, one of my favorites.

ab_grp

We made Thai garlic chicken last night, which reminded me of a recipe that indicated that "you can use up to 10 garlic cloves" in the dish.  No, really, we can use far more garlic than that in most dishes. 

Vkw10

Quote from: evil_physics_witchcraft on May 12, 2020, 07:42:39 PM
Quote from: Vkw10 on May 12, 2020, 06:17:49 PM

What did you do to those poor lemons? :)

I squeezed them to death, of course! Their moans disturbed the neighbors.
Enthusiasm is not a skill set. (MH)