News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

MI

Started by Juvenal, November 08, 2022, 03:57:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Juvenal

That is, for the Latinists, "1001" in Roman notation.  If you look at my current, scanty posts, you will see that my total for the old CHE was--well, "1001."  Really, folks, I struggled to make that, knowing that the curtain was coming down.  Made it, just.  And to what kudos?  Nothing much, but I seem to be the only one on the new Forum who posted that particular milepost before coming here.  And many of those, still here, adding up and up, are far beyond that then.  And now they forge on.  On.  Such energy?  Where did mine go?

Anyone now posting who--then--hoped to rise to--what was it called?--posting official honors?--but now thrives in their >1000 thickets here?  Such diligence.

I could say something (but will not--no, not!) or mention how active I was way back (about twenty years?) when.  Does anyone remember "Ming"?  Ah, yes.  What fun.  Where's the fun these days on The Fora?  Oh, yeah--mild amusement.  Flame wars quenched.

Hope you voted.  Not sure if you're sorry.
Cranky septuagenarian

namazu

Gratam in Clubhouse!

mamselle

Yes, the clubhouse is in need of a party!

Who will start!

M.
Forsake the foolish, and live; and go in the way of understanding.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

Cheerful

Quote from: Juvenal on November 08, 2022, 03:57:13 PM
And to what kudos?

Belated but sincere CONGRATULATIONS for achieving such an illustrious post count.  Here, I am 34 posts away from your exquisite MI (1,001).  Thanks for the inspiration.

Again:

Congratulations
for a job well done
at 1,001.
How fun!

Juvenal

Quote from: Cheerful on November 09, 2022, 02:12:15 PM
And to what kudos?

Belated but sincere CONGRATULATIONS for achieving such an illustrious post count.  Here, I am 34 posts away from your exquisite MI (1,001).  Thanks for the inspiration.

Again:

Congratulations

for a job well done
at 1,001.
How fun!

And to what end?  The CHE is now in the past; here, I limp along far behind so many.  Naming no names.
Cranky septuagenarian

Anselm

Felix postandi et trollandi tibi ad multos annos sint.
I am Dr. Thunderdome and I run Bartertown.

kaysixteen

Thy subject 'felix' doth not agree with thy verb 'sint'.

dr_evil

I could say something (but will not--no, not!) or mention how active I was way back (about twenty years?) when.  Does anyone remember "Ming"?  Ah, yes.  What fun.  Where's the fun these days on The Fora?  Oh, yeah--mild amusement.  Flame wars quenched.

I definitely remember Ming. Truly an evil overlord to fear and appreciate. :)

I cannot speak for others, I certainly seem to have less energy for fun these days. I could probably use some fun in my life, but I've been feeling some burnout.