News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

The Post For Stuff You Wanna Tell People

Started by Parasaurolophus, May 17, 2019, 10:11:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

notmycircus

Thank you to those who wished me well.  And to the others, I will drown my sorrows in pistachio ice cream. 

mamselle

Quote from: notmycircus on December 27, 2021, 09:56:00 AM
Thank you to those who wished me well.  And to the others, I will drown my sorrows in pistachio ice cream.

Only if you share some of that ice-cream with the rest of us...!!!!!

(Hmmmm....where IS the key to the clubhouse, by the way? Don't we need to have at least a monthly birthday celebration around here?)

M.
Forsake the foolish, and live; and go in the way of understanding.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

hmaria1609

Light traffic on the roads during my commute to the library. Yay!

Mince pies are delish. :D

Langue_doc

I was driving through one of the numerous ethnic neighborhoods when I saw a long line of people waiting in front of what I thought was a street cart selling authentic ethnic food. As I was looking for a parking spot so that I could stand in line to get whatever everybody else was having I realized that it was a Covid testing site. There were similar sites and lines at every intersection in that neighborhood and presumably in other neighborhoods as well.

apl68

Jesus once healed 10 lepers of their disease.  Only one of them went back to thank Jesus for it.  He was a Samaritan--a member of a group that Jesus' fellow Jews held in contempt, and vice versa.  Jesus said, "Where are the other nine?  Was this foreigner the only one who gave glory to God?"  Then Jesus told the Samaritan leper, "Go on your way.  Your faith has healed you."

People are often ungrateful for what others try to do for them.  But there are still "Samaritan lepers" out there.  Remember to be glad for them.
If in this life only we had hope of Christ, we would be the most pathetic of them all.  But now is Christ raised from the dead, the first of those who slept.  First Christ, then afterward those who belong to Christ when he comes.

hmaria1609

Found out that LL Bean is closing its Tyson's Corner Mall location in Mc Lean, VA:
https://wtop.com/business-finance/2021/12/l-l-bean-is-closing-tysons-store/
It was the company's 1st store outside of Maine, and it made regional headlines at the time. (A second location in Columbia, MD followed) We shopped in this store often--it has 2 floors. It once featured an oversized tank with live fish!
Too bad about the rising lease at the mall.

evil_physics_witchcraft

SO is baking something (a cake?- cookies?) and I'm not sure what it is. I'm too lazy to get up off the couch and look.

secundem_artem

We got our first snow of the season which gave me a chance to try out my new electric snow blower.  It's as close as I'll ever get to owning a Tesla.
Funeral by funeral, the academy advances

Economizer

Sometimes, mostly when I make small purchases with my debit card, cashiers seem irritated when they ask if I want my receipts and I reply that I do. I wonder why? Well to answer that puzzlement, I ask all the shoppers and purchasers of our nation to "keep their receipts". That way we might surely find out if anything is "going on" with these documents when discarded. Of course the kept records will need to be forwarded to IRS for analysis and matching actions, etc. so that its, those, activities have any worth might be determined, maybe.

So, I tried to straighten everything out and guess what I got for it.  No, really, just guess!

apl68

I think I speak for many when I say that I'm tired of playing a bit part in a bad science fiction story entitled The Omicron Variant.  Ready to roll the end credits on this one and get out of the theater.
If in this life only we had hope of Christ, we would be the most pathetic of them all.  But now is Christ raised from the dead, the first of those who slept.  First Christ, then afterward those who belong to Christ when he comes.

mamselle

Likewise the "Dupes for Trump" campaign that's been going for the past decade.

Someone just indict him, please...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lkbe3RQowqk

And the little dogs that came in with him....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mhDxjogSx-4

What would have happened to Newt the Flute if the Dems had responded likewise to his persecution of Clinton?

M.
Forsake the foolish, and live; and go in the way of understanding.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

bacardiandlime

Quote from: apl68 on January 25, 2022, 07:31:25 AM
I think I speak for many when I say that I'm tired of playing a bit part in a bad science fiction story entitled The Omicron Variant.  Ready to roll the end credits on this one and get out of the theater.

Yeah, I signed up for the 30 day free trial of "pandemic" but can't seem to cancel.

apl68

Quote from: bacardiandlime on January 25, 2022, 07:59:22 AM
Quote from: apl68 on January 25, 2022, 07:31:25 AM

Yeah, I signed up for the 30 day free trial of "pandemic" but can't seem to cancel.

I didn't even sign up for it, and ended up with it!  I've found you sometimes find yourself stuck with stuff you didn't actually want when you order on Amazon.

hmaria1609

Barnes & Noble is offering a limited time 25% off on preorders.  If they've done before, it's been awhile!

Parasaurolophus

I said 'no' to a referee invitation today. Can't be doing anythig until the book is done and delivered.

It sure is nice, though! I didn't wanna read that paper.
I know it's a genus.