News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

January Research

Started by darkstarrynight, January 01, 2021, 01:53:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Parasaurolophus

Yesterday was a dud, but today I need to work on those book sections.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on January 27, 2021, 09:21:34 AM
Yesterday was a dud, but today I need to work on those book sections.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Roughly finished a book section today (with about 1200 words' worth of fresh writing). It'll need a little work to tidy some loose ends and finish off the annotated bibliography, but it's good enough for now! On to the next one!
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Today I'm in town most of the day, acquiring second-hand supplies for the egglet, but I'm going to try to finish a book section, too, so that I at least have two relatively polished items to show for January (and I can do some breakneck work this weekend to generate two more rough ones).
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on January 29, 2021, 08:47:07 AM
Today I'm in town most of the day, acquiring second-hand supplies for the egglet, but I'm going to try to finish a book section, too, so that I at least have two relatively polished items to show for January (and I can do some breakneck work this weekend to generate two more rough ones).

Basically done, minus some polish, because I discovered that I'd forgotten to record one of my lectures for this week. Gah!
I know it's a genus.

Faith786

Quote from: Faith786 on January 27, 2021, 06:59:55 AM
Quote from: Faith786 on January 02, 2021, 09:05:54 AM
January goals:
-Try to stay alive, keep calm, and carry on during the second wave of COVID-19 so that research can continue - Looks like I succeeded in this in January, ha! Thank God.
-Continue to peer-review manuscripts relevant to research field(s)
-Wait and watch for revise and resubmit request for article #1 - It never came in Jan, which means wait and watch in Feb
-Submit article #2
-Start postdoc, on-boarding process, etc. so postdoc research can be done
-Follow up with field-specific editor about co-authored article #3 - Published, hurray with a bonus media interview!
-Continue drafting article #4 with reading/review of up-to-date literature - ongoing
-Start skeleton draft for item #5 book chapter due before Fall 2021 - ongoing
-Update CV to reflect research item submissions above

Short-term goals:
-submit abstract #1 for conference
-submit abstract #2 for conference
-in total, submit ~6 manuscripts/articles/chapter(s) in 2021 (hopefully 5 get accepted/published). - 1 down/published, 5 to go
-continue to apply for tenure-track jobs so that independent PI research can be started
-continue to attend interviews for tenure-track jobs so that independent PI research can be started

Long-term goals:
-secure a tenure track job and start independent PI research
I need this grant approved...

Parasaurolophus

Gotta write and REB report today, and gonna try to get another book section up and running.
I know it's a genus.

mamselle

More reading, more notes, more writing done today.

M.
Forsake the foolish, and live; and go in the way of understanding.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on January 30, 2021, 09:33:59 AM
Gotta write and REB report today, and gonna try to get another book section up and running.

Could be better, could be worse!
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

I know it's the weekend, but since I'm nearing a time when I'll take a fair bit more time off...

Today, I'll try to start up a fourth book section and get it in some kind of shape.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on January 31, 2021, 10:13:45 AM
I know it's the weekend, but since I'm nearing a time when I'll take a fair bit more time off...

Today, I'll try to start up a fourth book section and get it in some kind of shape.

Done, and tidied up yesterday's effort. Plus did some very minor work on two other new projects.

So it looks like I managed to hit all of my goals for the month!

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on January 02, 2021, 12:09:06 PM
January goals:

• Finish January R&R (due the 15th)
  • Write 4-8 more Book Sections (BS)
  • Write referee report
  • April conference organization (ugh)
  • November conference organization (ugh)
  • Touch up and resubmit Rejected Paper (stretch)

I know it's a genus.

darkstarrynight