News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

CfP websites

Started by adel9216, April 30, 2021, 05:51:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

adel9216

Hello,

Best websites for call for papers/call for abstracts in the social sciences ?

thanks

Sun_Worshiper

I'm not aware of a website like this, but would be glad to know if someone else comes across one. I've found CfPs in the social sciences by signing up for association listserves, checking in on association sub-group forums, and liking relevant facebook groups.

mamselle

"Social sciences" is pretty broad.

Many focused professional groups include such notices in the regular emails, when they know about (or have generated) them.

But I don't know of any aggregator sites.

M.
Forsake the foolish, and live; and go in the way of understanding.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

jerseyjay

I still miss things. Just today I found a CfP on a subject I am interested in with the deadline of...noon today.

That said, in my corner of the "social sciences", i.e., history, I look at the relevant H-Net groups, the emails of the relevant professional associations, and also relevant twitter feeds.

I am assuming that in sociology or political science or economics it is largely the same.

And as I said, I still miss stuff. But that's sort of the nature of the game.

AvidReader

I am not in the social sciences, and my field does have a few aggregator websites, but I've found more on Twitter than the aggregator websites over the last year. I follow a lot of professional organizations and have worked out which academics are most likely to retweet CfPs.

AR.

Tee_Bee

Google. I am not kidding. Google for RFPs or grant solicitations. And, if you're working at a university, your college or university research office should be able to point you in the right direction.