News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

NSF CAREER

Started by danielkm, November 08, 2021, 12:30:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

danielkm

Has anyone heard back about NSF CAREER yet?

mleok

Given that the CAREER deadline was July 26, 2021, you should not be expecting to hear back for another month or so at the earliest. Typically, the proposals that are most competitive for funding are notified earliest, as are the ones which are definite rejects. The proposals that are at the cusp tend to take more time to receive a final decision on.

danielkm

Absolutely! This is my third attempt and I know that people generally start getting requests for abstracts around this time.

sgalawneh

Anyone here have applied for the office of advanced cyber infrastructure (OAC)?

Staywarm

Any one has applied for CMMI?

flying_tree

Has anyone heard from Human-Centered Computing (HCC)

danielkm

A bunch of DMR awards have been made.

humptydumpty

Hi everyone, I received an email asking for an award abstract, but also asking for responses to reviewers. Is this common?

hazelshade

I think it may depend on the field/PO how common it is, but it isn't weird. Of our last three awarded CAREER grants, two were awarded without requiring responses to reviewers and one had to do a fairly extensive set of responses (and was also asked/instructed to increase the budget by ~25%!).

Staywarm

That is very common. Do you mind letting us know which program/division?

Quote from: humptydumpty on December 07, 2021, 02:33:40 PM
Hi everyone, I received an email asking for an award abstract, but also asking for responses to reviewers. Is this common?

rzax

Has anyone heard back about their CAREER proposal this year?

ghz8910

Not yet, nothing changes.

eigen

I haven't heard anything on mine. I'm oscillating between checking impulsively and trying to forget about it.
Quote from: Caracal
Actually reading posts before responding to them seems to be a problem for a number of people on here...

flying_tree

Has anyone heard any news from CISE-IIS-HCC at all? My status date changed to pending on January 18 without any contact from the PO. Assuming that the response is negative at this point.

alex000

My status date changed to pending on January 06 without any contact from the PO, in CISE-CCF.