Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

April Research Thread

Started by darkstarrynight, April 01, 2023, 11:50:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sun_Worshiper

Quote from: Sun_Worshiper on April 01, 2023, 12:47:31 PM
I'm hoping to make progress on the following in April:

• Book project #1 - priority is to identify and contact potential interview subjects for qualitative work
  • Book project #2 with colleague - polish and, if possible, submit proposal to potential publisher
  • Submit chapter 1 to publisher along with some additional details about our plans for the manuscript
  • Paper #2 - finish revisions and submit to journal with colleagues
  • Paper #3 - revise and submit to new journal with colleagues (desk rejection with option to make some minor edits and resubmit)
  • paper #4 - present at conference in a couple of weeks
  • Paper #4 - revise in light of conference comments and, if possible, send it off to a journal (sending this to a journal is a stretch goal, but not entirely unrealistic, especially if my co-author is able to dedicate time)

Presented paper #4. Also heard back from the publisher on book project #2 - they have some follow up questions and want to see a chapter, so adding that to the list.

Parasaurolophus

Just the translation quota today.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on April 15, 2023, 07:42:03 AM
Just the translation quota today.

Did that. Finished all but the exam marking, although I've marked all the exams taken to date.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Translation waits for no saurus.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on April 16, 2023, 09:00:31 AM
Translation waits for no saurus.

Did that, started on the Newsletter stuff.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Mostly Newslettering today. Otherwise, taxes and translation quota. If I can, some special issue work would be good.
I know it's a genus.

Sun_Worshiper

Quote from: Sun_Worshiper on April 01, 2023, 12:47:31 PM
I'm hoping to make progress on the following in April:

• Book project #1 - priority is to identify and contact potential interview subjects for qualitative work
  • Book project #2 with colleague - polish and, if possible, submit proposal to potential publisher
  • Submit chapter 1 to publisher along with some additional details about our plans for the manuscript
  • Paper #2 - finish revisions and submit to journal with colleagues
  • Paper #3 - revise and submit to new journal with colleagues (desk rejection with option to make some minor edits and resubmit)
  • paper #4 - present at conference in a couple of weeks
  • Paper #4 - revise in light of conference comments and, if possible, send it off to a journal (sending this to a journal is a stretch goal, but not entirely unrealistic, especially if my co-author is able to dedicate time)

I worked a bit on book project #2 over the weekend. This morning I made a few minor updates to paper #2 (almost ready to submit - hopefully will get it out next week) and reached out to some possible contacts to interview for book project #1.

Between grading and a journal manuscript review, I'm probably done with research for the day.

darkstarrynight

I am SO excited! I fixed up the last stuff in the library today and now I have the repository spreadsheet mostly complete! I just asked my spouse for spreadsheet help again because I have the author names in the wrong order (last name is supposed to be first with a comma, oops). Once I get that in there correctly, I will have this ready to submit to the library! I know the librarian I am working with is out until Wednesday, so I am holding all of my files stored until told otherwise. Then I will finally get to the manuscript on this project and will try to finish that before I start writing my book. Yay!

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: darkstarrynight on April 17, 2023, 02:16:06 PM
I am SO excited! I fixed up the last stuff in the library today and now I have the repository spreadsheet mostly complete! I just asked my spouse for spreadsheet help again because I have the author names in the wrong order (last name is supposed to be first with a comma, oops). Once I get that in there correctly, I will have this ready to submit to the library! I know the librarian I am working with is out until Wednesday, so I am holding all of my files stored until told otherwise. Then I will finally get to the manuscript on this project and will try to finish that before I start writing my book. Yay!

w00t!

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on April 17, 2023, 11:10:11 AM
Mostly Newslettering today. Otherwise, taxes and translation quota. If I can, some special issue work would be good.

Did most of the Newslettering, exceeded my quota, and got my summer syllabi sent for approval (they're due in two days). Whew.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

I have some Newslettering to do today, plus I have to fill out reimbursement forms and draw up invoices. Ugh.
I know it's a genus.

Sun_Worshiper

Quote from: darkstarrynight on April 17, 2023, 02:16:06 PM

That's great! Congrats on your progress!

darkstarrynight

Thank you both! I was able to finalize the spreadsheet last night and notify the librarian. Today I am going to try to start the manuscript after a training I have.

darkstarrynight

I was able to write 2 1/2 pages of the manuscript today! I love that I got it started so now I can just keep going when I have time. The first sentence is always the hardest for me, but I let the words flow today. I am so happy with my progress after being stalled for so long. The librarian also acknowledged receiving my spreadsheet and files, and now we can build the repository together!

Parasaurolophus

More translating today, plus preparing the forms for some revisions to a course's prereqs, plus hopefully some writing on the new special issue piece.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on April 19, 2023, 08:43:24 AM
More translating today, plus preparing the forms for some revisions to a course's prereqs, plus hopefully some writing on the new special issue piece.

Did the things. I even wrote a few hundred words for the paper, which has left me in a pretty good place for the next few days, when I anticipate having more time to devote to it. I may just get a solid draft done by the end of the month, which would be fab.
I know it's a genus.