News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

April Research Thread

Started by darkstarrynight, April 01, 2023, 11:50:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Parasaurolophus

Just translating today. Gotta make up for yesterday's lost ground.
I know it's a genus.

darkstarrynight

I had grand plans to work on my manuscript today but I was sent on a wild goose chase all over town by my mom who had surgery yesterday. I am exhausted but did manage to have a nice meeting with a student, review some students' final paper drafts, and do some things for my journal editor and IRB chair duties. The only research-related task accomplished was working with a graphic designer to make banners for my library repository.

Sun_Worshiper

Quote from: Sun_Worshiper on April 01, 2023, 12:47:31 PM
I'm hoping to make progress on the following in April:

• Book project #1 - priority is to identify and contact potential interview subjects for qualitative work
  • Book project #2 with colleague - polish and, if possible, submit proposal to potential publisher
  • Submit chapter 1 to publisher along with some additional details about our plans for the manuscript
  • Paper #2 - finish revisions and submit to journal with colleagues
  • Paper #3 - revise and submit to new journal with colleagues (desk rejection with option to make some minor edits and resubmit)
  • paper #4 - present at conference in a couple of weeks
  • Paper #4 - revise in light of conference comments and, if possible, send it off to a journal (sending this to a journal is a stretch goal, but not entirely unrealistic, especially if my co-author is able to dedicate time)

Spent most of the day grading, but also finished a draft of Chapter 1, Book Project #2.

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on April 26, 2023, 09:20:33 AM
Just translating today. Gotta make up for yesterday's lost ground.

Did that, and finished my paper too. It just needs an abstract, and I can send it in.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Today I'll write the abstract and submit the paper. And then I'll hit my translation quota, and maybe make a start on my invited piece for June. Or maybe not.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on April 27, 2023, 07:50:54 AM
Today I'll write the abstract and submit the paper. And then I'll hit my translation quota, and maybe make a start on my invited piece for June. Or maybe not.

Article done and submitted, quota done. Made the tiniest start on the June piece.
I know it's a genus.

Sun_Worshiper

Quote from: Sun_Worshiper on April 01, 2023, 12:47:31 PM
I'm hoping to make progress on the following in April:

• Book project #1 - priority is to identify and contact potential interview subjects for qualitative work
  • Book project #2 with colleague - polish and, if possible, submit proposal to potential publisher
  • Submit chapter 1 to publisher along with some additional details about our plans for the manuscript
  • Paper #2 - finish revisions and submit to journal with colleagues
  • Paper #3 - revise and submit to new journal with colleagues (desk rejection with option to make some minor edits and resubmit)
  • paper #4 - present at conference in a couple of weeks
  • Paper #4 - revise in light of conference comments and, if possible, send it off to a journal (sending this to a journal is a stretch goal, but not entirely unrealistic, especially if my co-author is able to dedicate time)

I did a (very) little work on Book project #1 today. Hope to do a bit more tomorrow.

Also heard from coauthor on paper #2. With some luck we should get it off to a journal next week.

Parasaurolophus

Just translating today, I think.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on April 28, 2023, 07:25:49 AM
Just translating today, I think.

Did loads, wrote 600 words of June's paper.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

I have some annoying translation comparison stuff to do today.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on April 29, 2023, 01:29:31 PM
I have some annoying translation comparison stuff to do today.

Well, I did that.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Just translation progress today.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

I know it's a genus.

darkstarrynight

I am pleased with what I did accomplish for this month's goals, but still have plenty of work to do on my manuscript so I can start writing my book! My goals will not look too different tomorrow.

Parasaurolophus

Monthly audit:

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on April 01, 2023, 12:07:37 PM

• continue translating
  • Prepare and give Symposium Talk
  • Finish and submit Special Issue Paper 1
  • Get most of the way through Special Issue Paper 2

I submitted SIP2, and I think I also had a referee report in there somewhere. Plus all the Newsletter crap.
I know it's a genus.