News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

June Research Thread

Started by Parasaurolophus, June 01, 2023, 08:02:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on June 16, 2023, 07:34:36 AMI anticipate I may not have a chance to do much today. But if I do, I guess it should be R&R work.

Read a bit and did some translating instead.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Back to one of the R&Rs today.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on June 17, 2023, 08:13:12 AMBack to one of the R&Rs today.

About 400 words dealing with one comment on the first R&R.

I will also add that, upon reflection, some of the referee's comments are kind of dumb. They betray a lack of familiarity with the literature under discussion. Or, indeed, with my footnotes. I'm always happy to make things more explicit in the main body of the text, but seriously. Do actually read the footnotes.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Not sure about today's plan. I need to prepare an invoice, but I'm mostly done with the first R&R, apart maybe from hunting for a few more sources for a thing the referee didn't like, but which is right. I guess I could do that, then see either about translating or the other R&R. Ot maybe even that rejected paper.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on June 18, 2023, 10:35:13 AMNot sure about today's plan. I need to prepare an invoice, but I'm mostly done with the first R&R, apart maybe from hunting for a few more sources for a thing the referee didn't like, but which is right. I guess I could do that, then see either about translating or the other R&R. Ot maybe even that rejected paper.

Dealt with another small issue in the second R&R, then got to work finding sources for the thing in the first R&R and reading them (holy crap are they bad--but that's no surprise, because I'm pointing up a particular way in which they're bad).
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

I suppose I start the backfill of additional sources into that first R&R.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on June 19, 2023, 09:03:21 AMI suppose I start the backfill of additional sources into that first R&R.

Did a bunch of that. Maybe all of it? Dunno. Tomorrow I'll have another look and see what else needs doing. It can't be much, apart from writing the response to the referee.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Guess I have to do that, then. Can you tell I'm not excited at the prospect?
I know it's a genus.

darkstarrynight

I promoted the repository on the organization listserv again today. I also did some preparation work for a list of what I need to do for full issue scans for the repository (beyond individual articles). Yesterday I completed a manuscript review.

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on June 20, 2023, 08:38:38 AMGuess I have to do that, then. Can you tell I'm not excited at the prospect?

I think I've finished my revisions on both papers; now I just need to write up my responses.
I know it's a genus.

Sun_Worshiper

Quote from: Sun_Worshiper on June 01, 2023, 08:42:34 AMI'm hoping to make progress on the following in June:
  • Book project #1 - make some progress on interviews, revise/polish chapters 1-3 and proposal
  • Book project #2 with colleague - make progress on conceptual framework and draft of chapter 1 (it would be great to send this off to the editor by the end of the month... we'll see)
  • Paper #1 with colleague - finish and submit to journal
  • Paper #2 with colleague - revise and resubmit to journal
  • Paper #3 with colleague - it would be nice to get the ball rolling on this, but it is lowest priority
  • Revise and resubmit short, non-refereed article to magazine
  • Paper #4 solo - revise and submit to new journal

Parasaurolophus

It would be good to get most (all?) of one set of responses done today.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on June 21, 2023, 07:27:30 AMIt would be good to get most (all?) of one set of responses done today.

Wrote one, submitted it. I may still have some time to work today, we'll see. If so, I guess I'll either start the next response, or do some translating.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Gonna try to write up my changelog for the second R&R and then submit it. Beyond that, I'm not sure. Maybe translating.
I know it's a genus.

darkstarrynight

I was invited to join another editorial board which I accepted since I have already done several guest reviews for the journal. I also got a desk rejection for my manuscript. It does have some helpful feedback for me to think about, so I will update it before sending it to another journal. I am a little bummed but I expected this because my niche field is not often accepted by the overarching field much in journals or conference presentations.