News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

June Research Thread

Started by Parasaurolophus, June 01, 2023, 08:02:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on June 22, 2023, 11:22:43 AMGonna try to write up my changelog for the second R&R and then submit it. Beyond that, I'm not sure. Maybe translating.

Finished it and sent it in, then read an article and did some translation work on the new project. Guess I've well exceeded my goals this month!
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Just translating stuff today.
I know it's a genus.

Sun_Worshiper

Quote from: Sun_Worshiper on June 01, 2023, 08:42:34 AMI'm hoping to make progress on the following in June:
  • Book project #1 - make some progress on interviews, revise/polish chapters 1-3 and proposal
  • Book project #2 with colleague - make progress on conceptual framework and draft of chapter 1 (it would be great to send this off to the editor by the end of the month... we'll see)
  • Paper #1 with colleague - finish and submit to journal
  • Paper #2 with colleague - revise and resubmit to journal
  • Paper #3 with colleague - it would be nice to get the ball rolling on this, but it is lowest priority
  • Revise and resubmit short, non-refereed article to magazine
  • Paper #4 solo - revise and submit to new journal

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on June 23, 2023, 08:00:36 AMJust translating stuff today.

Didn't really have the time I thought I'd have today, just a few 10-15 minute periods. Managed a few pages, though.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

A little translating, and probably some reading.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Hoping to have a chance to sit down and translate for a while.
I know it's a genus.

darkstarrynight

I identified another journal to submit my manuscript to after some edits. I already reformatted it per their specifications and now need to add some content and move a few areas around. I feel more optimistic than I did the other day.

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on June 25, 2023, 10:04:00 AMHoping to have a chance to sit down and translate for a while.

Nope, I had precisely zero time to sit down. Sigh. It's not a big deal since I'm all done with my monthly goals, but it's frustrating because this is something I've wanted to take the time to do for days and I keep getting scuppered.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Bit of translating, will maybe read something.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on June 26, 2023, 05:47:31 AMBit of translating, will maybe read something.

Managed a goodly chunk of translating, but no more.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Just reading today. I've got a couple of books to read by October, and I should make a start.
I know it's a genus.

darkstarrynight

I did lots of scanning last week, and will be back in the library tomorrow. I also listened to some podcasts and webinars relevant to the chapters I need to write before August. I need to do two more manuscript reviews in a short time frame and work on my own manuscript revisions.

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on June 27, 2023, 08:51:17 AMJust reading today. I've got a couple of books to read by October, and I should make a start.

Good progress on both.
I know it's a genus.

Sun_Worshiper

Took care of article proofs today. Tomorrow and Thursday will be dedicated to book work. Then I'm going on vacation for two weeks.