News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

July Research Thread

Started by Parasaurolophus, July 01, 2023, 06:52:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on July 07, 2023, 12:37:23 PMToday's schedule is all weird. Just some reading; no specific page goal, because I have no clue how much time I'll have.

Only forty pages left to go!
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

I'll try to finish the book today.
I know it's a genus.

filologos

So far this month:

Wrote and submitted an abstract for a conference next summer.

Finished the first complete draft of my dissertation (!).

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on July 08, 2023, 07:06:37 AMI'll try to finish the book today.

Whew, done.

Quote from: filologos on July 08, 2023, 09:25:12 AMFinished the first complete draft of my dissertation (!).

Congratulations!
I know it's a genus.

darkstarrynight

Quote from: filologos on July 08, 2023, 09:25:12 AMSo far this month:

Wrote and submitted an abstract for a conference next summer.

Finished the first complete draft of my dissertation (!).

Congratulations!

Parasaurolophus

I don't think I'll have a chance to do much today, so I'll settle for whatever.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on July 09, 2023, 01:20:00 PMI don't think I'll have a chance to do much today, so I'll settle for whatever.

Just one page of translation.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

I'll aim for some translating today. I'm not sure what else.
I know it's a genus.

billtsherman

Monthly goals:

Write 500 words each weekday from this point on.
Write short piece for state humanities magazine.
Read book to review.

Today:
Wrote 520 words.

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on July 10, 2023, 06:54:47 AMI'll aim for some translating today. I'm not sure what else.

Ten pages. Not bad. If I'm lucky, I might finish tomorrow. Elsewise, Thursday.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Whatever translating I can today.
I know it's a genus.

Sun_Worshiper

I was on vacation for the last couple of weeks so I'm getting a late start this month...

July goals:
  • Make progress on book project #1 - start conducting interviews, polish proposal, maybe submit proposal to presses
  • Make progress on book project #2 w colleague - finish draft of proposal and of chapter 1, maybe resubmit materials to press that expressed interest
  • Make progress on article manuscript #1 w colleague - we need to get started
  • Make progress on article manuscript #2 w colleague - we're at the polishing stage and ball is in his court

darkstarrynight

I got back to manuscript edits today. I now have a meeting with the managing editor on Friday for my book to get started. I scheduled time with my spouse to work on our chapter draft Friday as well. I may go to the library this afternoon, but I blocked out time Thursday for scanning also.

billtsherman

Wrote 525 words today.
I should start reading that book to review this afternoon.

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on July 11, 2023, 07:18:06 AMWhatever translating I can today.

Just twelve manuscript pages left to go! (And then all of the rest, of course--checking, translating Latin/Greek bits, providing explanatory notes, writing the intro, etc.) Still, I'm closing in on being able to craft and send out the proposal!
I know it's a genus.