News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

August Research Thread

Started by Sun_Worshiper, August 01, 2023, 10:46:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sun_Worshiper

Quote from: Sun_Worshiper on August 01, 2023, 10:46:39 AMMy August goals:
  • Make progress on book project #1 - continue conducting interviews and writing, continue working with editor to get the proposal to where she wants it
  • Make progress on book project #2 w colleague - ball is in colleague's court
  • Make progress on article manuscript #1 w colleague - we need a full draft by the end of the month for a conference, ball is currently in colleague's court
  • Make progress on article manuscript #2 w colleague - ball is in colleague's court
  • Revise and submit rejected manuscript (#3) to a new journal

I submitted paper #3 today. Hoping to get paper #2 out the door tomorrow or, more likely, on Friday.

Sun_Worshiper

Quote from: Sun_Worshiper on August 01, 2023, 10:46:39 AMMy August goals:
  • Make progress on book project #1 - continue conducting interviews and writing, continue working with editor to get the proposal to where she wants it
  • Make progress on book project #2 w colleague - ball is in colleague's court
  • Make progress on article manuscript #1 w colleague - we need a full draft by the end of the month for a conference, ball is currently in colleague's court
  • Make progress on article manuscript #2 w colleague - ball is in colleague's court
  • Revise and submit rejected manuscript (#3) to a new journal

Paper #2 is off to a journal

Parasaurolophus

Not research, but I need to make a huge push today--have to get sixty-odd papers marked by four. Ugh.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on August 21, 2023, 06:28:46 AMNot research, but I need to make a huge push today--have to get sixty-odd papers marked by four. Ugh.

Oof, done.
I know it's a genus.

billtsherman

Back in the saddle.  520 words today.

I also found my classrooms.

Parasaurolophus

Finally back to work today. Will translate a page or so and work on my revisions.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on August 22, 2023, 09:15:18 AMFinally back to work today. Will translate a page or so and work on my revisions.

Two pages and ~350 words. It's not much, but it's a start.

EDIT: I also went over the proofs for an article.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Bit of translating, but then it's a reading day. Would like to read my quota plus a goodly chunk of my friend's chapter.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on August 23, 2023, 06:42:19 AMBit of translating, but then it's a reading day. Would like to read my quota plus a goodly chunk of my friend's chapter.

Did that. Finished and sent back my friend's chapter.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Not likely to manage to do much today. Maybe a little translating.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on August 24, 2023, 09:49:36 AMNot likely to manage to do much today. Maybe a little translating.

Managed a few pages. Only twentyish to go, plus checking my co-translator's.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

I'll translate a bit, then work on my revisions, then read my quota.
I know it's a genus.

billtsherman

I haven't done a good job of posting it here, but I wrote each day this week.  Hit 2,620 words on the week.

Maybe next week I'll have a computer in my office and can update daily.  Maybe not.

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: billtsherman on August 25, 2023, 10:48:05 AMI haven't done a good job of posting it here, but I wrote each day this week.  Hit 2,620 words on the week.

Good work!

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on August 25, 2023, 08:37:43 AMI'll translate a bit, then work on my revisions, then read my quota.

Doubled my quota.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Probably just translating a few pages today.
I know it's a genus.