News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

September Research Thread

Started by Parasaurolophus, September 01, 2023, 10:30:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Wahoo Redux on September 06, 2023, 05:37:08 PMGo, Para!  Go!

You are a machine!

That is my greatest aspiration! ;)

Nothing much planned for today; I have to record intros for my classes.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on September 07, 2023, 09:03:39 AM
Nothing much planned for today; I have to record intros for my classes.

Did that.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Reviewing the OUP contract this morning, plus writing a chunk of book review. Then, this afternoon, reading a chunk of the thesis (maybe all of it).
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on September 08, 2023, 07:24:39 AMReviewing the OUP contract this morning, plus writing a chunk of book review. Then, this afternoon, reading a chunk of the thesis (maybe all of it).

Done. Wrote 900 words. Hatchling is still asleep, so I'm looking for a new task.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Doubt I'll find time for anything today. But, if I do... guess I have writing to do. I suppose I should start on the thesis report.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on September 09, 2023, 09:26:41 AMDoubt I'll find time for anything today. But, if I do... guess I have writing to do. I suppose I should start on the thesis report.

Nope, ran out of time.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Today, I'm inspired to write a little for a paper I want to send back out soon. And I should start writing up my thesis report. While the hatchling sleeps on me, I guess I'll read over my solo translation, so that I can really get going on that intro.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on September 10, 2023, 09:53:45 AMToday, I'm inspired to write a little for a paper I want to send back out soon. And I should start writing up my thesis report. While the hatchling sleeps on me, I guess I'll read over my solo translation, so that I can really get going on that intro.

500 words of the paper, 1500 of the report.
I know it's a genus.

Sun_Worshiper

Quote from: Sun_Worshiper on September 03, 2023, 08:20:59 AMSeptember goals:
  • Submit proposal and three chapters of book project #1 to the publisher for review (top priority)
  • Make progress on book project #2 w colleague
  • Make revisions on paper #1 w colleague, in light of conference feedback
  • Make revisions to paper #2 w colleague, in light of journal rejection feedback, and try to get it off to a new journal
  • Work on paper #3 w colleagues and try to get it off to journal for a special issue with tight deadline
  • Develop and submit proposal for book chapter w colleague

Parasaurolophus

Oops, late posting today. Aiming to do a bit on the paper, because that's what excites me today.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on September 11, 2023, 03:40:08 PMOops, late posting today. Aiming to do a bit on the paper, because that's what excites me today.

Managed about 500 words. I'll want to clean up the section they're in, but that's something. I wasn't too keen on writing this section up, and now it exists, at least.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Some work on the thesis report, some on the paper/intro/review/or October talk. While the hatchling sleeps, guess I'll continue re-reading my solo translation.

Oh, and I owe a Newsletter report, but that shouldn't take long.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on September 12, 2023, 07:39:59 AMSome work on the thesis report, some on the paper/intro/review/or October talk. While the hatchling sleeps, guess I'll continue re-reading my solo translation.

Oh, and I owe a Newsletter report, but that shouldn't take long.

Wrote and submitted the Newsletter report, Wrote 300 words of the paper and submitted (fingers crossed, since it's close to my heart!), re-read the translation chunk I'll send with the proposal and finished up what needed it (minus the intro, though I did a bit of that, too).
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

I know it's a genus.