News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

October research thread

Started by Parasaurolophus, October 01, 2023, 07:10:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on October 07, 2023, 10:08:20 AMI'm not sure I'll have the time, but I'd like to do a bit on the conference piece.

Failed utterly. Oh well.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Don't imagine I'll have much time today, but if I do I'll work on the conference piece.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on October 08, 2023, 07:15:31 AMDon't imagine I'll have much time today, but if I do I'll work on the conference piece.

As expected, nada.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

I suppose I'll hope to do something today, though again my prospects are dim.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on October 09, 2023, 07:52:56 AMI suppose I'll hope to do something today, though again my prospects are dim.

~500 words, and finished checking my translation sample for later in the month.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Last day of guests. Probably nothing will get done, but if it does, it'll be the conference piece.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on October 10, 2023, 09:37:05 AMLast day of guests. Probably nothing will get done, but if it does, it'll be the conference piece.

Managed a tiny bit, but it was otherwise annoying stuff. Also had a quick freelance job to do.
I know it's a genus.

Sun_Worshiper

Quote from: Sun_Worshiper on October 01, 2023, 03:28:08 PMOctober goals:
  • Keep chipping away at book project #1
  • Make progress on book project #2 w colleague
  • Make revisions on paper #1 w colleague, in light of conference feedback
  • Get the ball rolling on book chapter w colleague[/s]

I've been making good progress on book project #1 this week and I am feeling pretty "in the zone" on it. If I could finish a full draft of the chapter I'm working on this month then I would consider that a significant victory.

I also put my RA on the book chapter, so hopefully I'll have a nice outline and some sources to begin working from soon.

I really need to deal with paper #1, as I'm sure my colleague is annoyed. I spent time on it last month, but got frustrated and left it alone, but I should get back to it now that I have had some time away.

Parasaurolophus

Gonna try to get my conference piece more or less done, and then read a couple of things for my translator's intro.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on October 11, 2023, 09:07:23 AMGonna try to get my conference piece more or less done, and then read a couple of things for my translator's intro.

I even got around to some garden maintenance.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

I should go over the conference piece and then send it over. And then... something else.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on October 12, 2023, 07:31:40 AMI should go over the conference piece and then send it over. And then... something else.

Managed that, at least.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Once again, my time has been scuppered. Dunno what I'll manage to do today. At least a little reading, but it would be nice to get something else done, too.

Got a desk rejection today, too, for the cursed paper. Guess I'll figure out where to send it next.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on October 13, 2023, 11:34:15 AMOnce again, my time has been scuppered. Dunno what I'll manage to do today. At least a little reading, but it would be nice to get something else done, too.

Got a desk rejection today, too, for the cursed paper. Guess I'll figure out where to send it next.

Sent the paper back out, did a spot of reading.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

I'll try to make some progress on the slideshow.
I know it's a genus.