News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

November Research Thread

Started by Parasaurolophus, November 01, 2023, 09:24:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Parasaurolophus

I'll finish tidiying the new translated bit, then... something. Maybe some work on the paper I'm fixing up and extending, maybe some reading for the new book or something.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on November 12, 2023, 10:15:56 AMI'll finish tidiying the new translated bit, then... something. Maybe some work on the paper I'm fixing up and extending, maybe some reading for the new book or something.

Done, then I did some reading which led to some other reading which led to some other reading which pointed to a treasure trove of sources which will really, really bolster the point I want to make. So I sent off some ILL requests.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

A little work on the paper today.
I know it's a genus.

Sun_Worshiper

Quote from: Sun_Worshiper on November 01, 2023, 12:04:53 PMNovember goals:
  • Make progress on paper #1 with colleague - decide if/how to move forward
  • Make progress on paper #2 with colleagues - it would be great to send it off to the next journal on the list, although the ball is largely in my colleague's court
  • Make significant progress on book chapter with colleague that has December due date
  • Make progress on my own book project

A little more on the book chapter today. Waiting on collaborators and my RA for the other tasks.

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on November 13, 2023, 07:14:57 AMA little work on the paper today.

Only wrote a few hundred, but I cleaned up a couple of sections nicely.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

I'd like to make more progress on fixing and expanding that paper.
I know it's a genus.

Sun_Worshiper

• Make progress on paper #2 with colleagues - it would be great to send it off to the next journal on the list, although the ball is largely in my colleague's court
  • Make significant progress on book chapter with colleague that has December due date

I started working on a new chapter of my book today. So far I've just done some outlining and written a couple of paragraphs, but I hope to do a bit more before I run out of steam. And starting is the hardest part for me, so it has been good to get the ball rolling.

Everything else is on a co-author's desk at the moment, so I can give this a good amount of attention for now.

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on November 14, 2023, 08:57:45 AMI'd like to make more progress on fixing and expanding that paper.

Met with a plagiarist in my office hours, which took forever. So less got done than I hoped. But still, I wrote a few hundred and did some reorganizing.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

I'll aim for more paper progress today.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

More article progress, will also read some fun stuff for the book project.
I know it's a genus.

darkstarrynight

I worked a tiny bit on my book manuscript chapter 1, but I really need to be better about blocking my time for this.

Sun_Worshiper

I did some work on Paper #1 today and sent it back to my coauthor. I'm going to take a quick break and then try to spend a couple of hours on my book (continuing to chip away at a draft of Chapter 5).

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on November 16, 2023, 07:59:08 AMMore article progress, will also read some fun stuff for the book project.

The paper is almost there--it's almost a good short paper. It'll just need some tidying and gussying up.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Just tidying the paper today. Don't expect to manage to do much of that, but still.
I know it's a genus.