News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

December Research Thread

Started by Parasaurolophus, December 01, 2023, 02:51:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on December 07, 2023, 08:02:35 AMWill try to get the referee report done.

Wrote 1200 words, and nearly done. Should be able to finish it off tomorrow. In the meantime, another request came in.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

I'll finish the first report today. Then read for the second, and maybe accomplish something else, we'll see.
I know it's a genus.

Sun_Worshiper

Quote from: Sun_Worshiper on December 02, 2023, 08:15:52 AMDecember goals:
  • Make progress on paper #1 with colleague - the plan is to submit to a workshop/conference with a January due date and the paper is basically ready to go, so I doubt this will get much attention
  • Make progress on paper #2 with colleagues - the plan is to get it off to the next journal by the end of December; ball is in colleague's court
  • Make progress on paper #3 with colleagues - ball is in my court
  • Review and submit proofs for book chapter #1
  • Finish and submit book chapter #2 w colleague - December due date
  • Make progress on my own book project (book project #1)
  • Respond to publisher's queries about book project #2

I made some good progress on paper #3 and book chapter #2 over the last few days. Going to keep working on the former today, while my coauthor focuses on the latter (which we should get out the door to the publisher next week).

I also heard back from the publisher about a book proposal that I submitted a couple of months ago with a colleague. The response was generally positive, but we'll need to answer a few questions convincingly to get support from the board. That will be a task for the next week - adding it to my list in the meantime.

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on December 08, 2023, 09:38:43 AMI'll finish the first report today. Then read for the second, and maybe accomplish something else, we'll see.

Did both, and wrote a couple hundred of my book chapter.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

I'd like to make a start on that second referee report.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on December 09, 2023, 02:37:32 PMI'd like to make a start on that second referee report.

Wrote it all (verdict: accept, minor revisions).

Apparently I'm R3.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

I'd like to get some chapter work done. After that... not sure. Suppose I could start checking my co-translator's work.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on December 10, 2023, 12:07:01 PMI'd like to get some chapter work done. After that... not sure. Suppose I could start checking my co-translator's work.

Wrote 1k words, checked a couple pages.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Not sure about today. Maybe just checking a couple of pages again.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on December 11, 2023, 10:26:20 AMNot sure about today. Maybe just checking a couple of pages again.

Did that. No time for anything else.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

I have to do some grading and start evaluating an IRB proposal. But I'd also like to get in a bit of work on my chapter.
I know it's a genus.

darkstarrynight

Got a chapter accepted yesterday!

Sun_Worshiper

Quote from: Sun_Worshiper on December 02, 2023, 08:15:52 AMDecember goals:
  • Make progress on paper #1 with colleague - the plan is to submit to a workshop/conference with a January due date and the paper is basically ready to go, so I doubt this will get much attention
  • Make progress on paper #2 with colleagues - the plan is to get it off to the next journal by the end of December; ball is in colleague's court
  • Make progress on paper #3 with colleagues - ball is in my court
  • Review and submit proofs for book chapter #1
  • Finish and submit book chapter #2 w colleague - December due date
  • Make progress on my own book project (book project #1)
  • Respond to publisher's queries about book project #2

Wrote to the editor for book project #2.

Also made a bit of progress on book project #1 yesterday and today.

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: darkstarrynight on December 12, 2023, 11:07:18 AMGot a chapter accepted yesterday!

Nice work!

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on December 12, 2023, 08:30:33 AMI have to do some grading and start evaluating an IRB proposal. But I'd also like to get in a bit of work on my chapter.

Change of plans, so I did some home tasks. But I started on the IRB proposal and wrote 500 words.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Today I grade. And maybe finish that IRB review. And maybe something else.
I know it's a genus.