Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

December Research Thread

Started by Parasaurolophus, December 01, 2023, 02:51:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Parasaurolophus

I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Today, I'd like to work on my chapter and check the translation. Maybe also some light R&R work.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on December 19, 2023, 07:43:30 AMToday, I'd like to work on my chapter and check the translation. Maybe also some light R&R work.

Did the first two (wrote 600 words), not the last.
I know it's a genus.

Sun_Worshiper

Quote from: Sun_Worshiper on December 02, 2023, 08:15:52 AMDecember goals:
  • Make progress on paper #1 with colleague - the plan is to submit to a workshop/conference with a January due date and the paper is basically ready to go, so I doubt this will get much attention
  • Make progress on paper #2 with colleagues - the plan is to get it off to the next journal by the end of December; ball is in colleague's court
  • Make progress on paper #3 with colleagues - ball is in my court
  • Make progress on paper #4 with colleague - R&R
  • Review and submit proofs for book chapter #1
  • Finish and submit book chapter #2 w colleague - December due date
  • Make progress on my own book project (book project #1)
  • Respond to publisher's queries about book project #2

A bit more on book project #1 today. Hoping to finish a draft of Chapter #5 tonight or tomorrow.

Parasaurolophus

Chapter work today, I guess. Maybe I'll be inspired to work on the R&R too.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on December 20, 2023, 08:13:05 AMChapter work today, I guess. Maybe I'll be inspired to work on the R&R too.

A quick 600 words to finish a monstrous section. Now the hard work on the chapter begins, though it should also be more fun.
I know it's a genus.

Sun_Worshiper

Quote from: Sun_Worshiper on December 02, 2023, 08:15:52 AMDecember goals:
  • Make progress on paper #1 with colleague - the plan is to submit to a workshop/conference with a January due date and the paper is basically ready to go, so I doubt this will get much attention
  • Make progress on paper #2 with colleagues - the plan is to get it off to the next journal by the end of December; ball is in colleague's court
  • Make progress on paper #3 with colleagues - ball is in my court
  • Make progress on paper #4 with colleague - R&R
  • Review and submit proofs for book chapter #1
  • Finish and submit book chapter #2 w colleague - December due date
  • Make progress on my own book project (book project #1)
  • Respond to publisher's queries about book project #2

More progress on book project #1 today - finished a draft of Chapter 5.

Also looked over the comments from reviewers from paper #4 - this will be the top priority for the remainder of this month (most of which will be spent with family) and in January.

Parasaurolophus

Guess I'll keep chaptering? Will probably also do some translation checking. And perhaps even start reading for a new prep next semester.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on December 21, 2023, 09:51:21 AMGuess I'll keep chaptering? Will probably also do some translation checking. And perhaps even start reading for a new prep next semester.

500 words, plus the rest.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Not sure about today. Guess I might try writing a bit, though I kind of don't feel like it.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on December 22, 2023, 11:26:04 AMNot sure about today. Guess I might try writing a bit, though I kind of don't feel like it.

Bah, wrote 300 words. Good enough, I suppose. I doubt I'll finish the chapter this month, but that's okay. I'll be close!
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Bit more writing, bit more translation checking, bit more reading for next semester.
I know it's a genus.

darkstarrynight

I have been on vacation mode and am finally feeling better from whatever virus I had. I got my accepted chapter finalized with formatting. The editor told me the book will be out in a few months (I assume it will be published as an eBook).

I am not so optimistic on completing my first book chapter by the end of the year (my December research goal) since I am traveling a lot this week. I will have to turn on the jets in January to get this book manuscript rolling.

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on December 23, 2023, 10:17:26 AMBit more writing, bit more translation checking, bit more reading for next semester.

Wrote 300, did the rest.
I know it's a genus.

Wahoo Redux

Realized I am in danger of running out of time and over the word limit, so I excised a couple of sections from the book, at least for now.  They will be good articles later.  Holidays have many distractions, still trying to get work done. 

On time to get all my commentary done this month, should give me two months to finish it all up.  Having some stress dreams over the whole thing.
Come, fill the Cup, and in the fire of Spring
Your Winter-garment of Repentance fling:
The Bird of Time has but a little way
To flutter--and the Bird is on the Wing.