News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

January Research Thread

Started by Parasaurolophus, January 01, 2024, 09:32:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on January 05, 2024, 08:58:16 AMR&Ring today.

Got a bunch done. Just one more comment to deal with, really. It won't take much, but I'm not sure how best to go about it.

I also had a look at a paper that's 40% done and which would be nice to push out soon.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

I expect to achieve nothing today. If I have any time, I might start translating the chunk my co-translator and I missed. But I don't think I will.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Hmm. I guess probably some translation of the missing chunk today, plus... well, I'd like to do more on the R&R, but I'm still not sure how to tackle the last thing.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on January 07, 2024, 07:41:27 AMHmm. I guess probably some translation of the missing chunk today, plus... well, I'd like to do more on the R&R, but I'm still not sure how to tackle the last thing.

Well, did some of both.
I know it's a genus.

Sun_Worshiper

Quote from: Sun_Worshiper on January 01, 2024, 10:15:25 AMJanuary goals:
  • Make progress on paper #1 with colleagues - should be submittable soon, but ball is in colleague's court
  • Make progress on paper #2 with colleagues - ball is in colleague's court
  • Make progress on paper #3 with colleague - R&R, ball is in my court
  • Make progress on paper #4 - R&R
  • Make progress on book project #1
  • Make progress on book project #2 with colleague

We updated the book proposal and opening chapter for project #2 in response to editor's wishes and sent it off to him yesterday. Hoping to get a formal the green light soon to move forward with the full manuscript.

I'll work on one or both of my R&Rs today after I knock out some class prep.

Parasaurolophus

Not sure what I'll have a chance to do today. Maybe just course prep and thinking on my R&R.
I know it's a genus.

darkstarrynight

Journal holding my manuscript since July acknowledged my list of suggested reviewers so hopefully it will move along in the process in the next few months.

I have been unable to work on my book manuscript. I have not finalized one of my Spring courses, and just got back home after being gone for two weeks. I hope I can back to it this week.

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on January 08, 2024, 08:25:12 AMNot sure what I'll have a chance to do today. Maybe just course prep and thinking on my R&R.

Translated a bit of the missing chunk, then took the day off.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Today's a commuter day, so...

I dunno. Maybe a bit of translating, and maybe some R&Ring or even book chaptering.
I know it's a genus.

darkstarrynight

I made progress on my Spring class that is not ready, so it should be ready to launch in a few days, then I can hopefully return to my book manuscript. One of my students got their first ever publication today from a class assignment in one of my Fall courses!

Sun_Worshiper

Quote from: Sun_Worshiper on January 01, 2024, 10:15:25 AMJanuary goals:
  • Make progress on paper #1 with colleagues - should be submittable soon, but ball is in colleague's court
  • Make progress on paper #2 with colleagues - ball is in colleague's court
  • Make progress on paper #3 with colleague - R&R, ball is in my court
  • Make progress on paper #4 - R&R
  • Make progress on book project #1
  • Make progress on book project #2 with colleague

I made some good progress on paper #4 today and yesterday. Seems like this will be a relatively easy turnaround if I can just keep the procrastination gods at bay.

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on January 09, 2024, 09:05:13 AMToday's a commuter day, so...

I dunno. Maybe a bit of translating, and maybe some R&Ring or even book chaptering.

Just the translating and a small bit of freelance editing.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on January 10, 2024, 10:12:00 AMMore of the same today.

Did a bit of both. Only a tiny bit of the R&R still needs attention.
I know it's a genus.

darkstarrynight

Got my classes finished for next week, so hopefully I can work on my book manuscript tomorrow if I have any brain capacity left.