News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

January Research Thread

Started by Parasaurolophus, January 01, 2024, 09:32:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

darkstarrynight

Yesterday and today I read more resources for my book and organized them in my outline by chapter. I will continue to work on this when I can find the time.

The editors of the book coming out soon with my chapter in it asked us today to make edits in the next week-ish. I am traveling soon through the deadline, so I asked for access today and made all of my edits. I am glad there were very few to work on today! They are sending the completed book to the publisher in mid-February. I am guessing this will be an eBook though I am nto entirely sure. Hopefully it comes out before 2024 ends!

Parasaurolophus

Commute-work today. Guess I'll try to add some words to the translation, so make up the deficit. I need 9k more.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on January 30, 2024, 10:13:43 AMCommute-work today. Guess I'll try to add some words to the translation, so make up the deficit. I need 9k more.

950 words. Not bad!

Got the contract today, too. Royalties are... 0% until 251 copies are sold, and different formats (ebook, etc.) don't add up towards that count!? Wtf?!

I don't mind overmuch since this thing is a hard sell and I just want it out somewhere legit. But I can't see it ever selling 250 copies, let alone in a single format. My other book, for example, did pretty well but is nowhere near 250 combined yet. It'll probably get there over the next few years, but it was pretty marketable.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

More commuter work today, although there will be less time for it than yesterday. I'll keep adding words to the project that will pay no royalties.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on January 31, 2024, 08:33:01 AMMore commuter work today, although there will be less time for it than yesterday. I'll keep adding words to the project that will pay no royalties.

Wrote about 500. Only 7k to go!
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on January 01, 2024, 09:32:10 AMNew year, new plans!

Year's goals:

• Draft up my second book, send out the proposal.
  • Get Translation 2 accepted somewhere.
  • Finish Translation 3 and send off a proposal to publishers.
  • Translate another complete thing, since it comes easily.
  • Get at least two new articles accepted.

Monthly goals:

• Finish my R&R.
  • Finish the book chapter I started last month.
  • There's a chunk of T3 that my translation partner and I somehow missed, so I'll do that.

I did progress a fair bit on the chapter, but then R&R work took over. I did manage to edit and send out another paper, though.
I know it's a genus.

darkstarrynight

I had a series of long flights overseas the past few days, and because I do not sleep well on planes, I continued reading sources to help me get organized for writing my book manuscript. I have a little ways to go but I hope to be really ready to write before the month ends. With more organization, I hopefully will be able ot write more than I have thus far in a shorter time frame.