Main Menu

February Research Thread

Started by Parasaurolophus, February 01, 2024, 07:51:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Parasaurolophus

New month, new thread.

Monthly goals:

• Write promo blurb for someone's book.
  • Finish expanding my translator's introduction for the contracted manuscript.
  • Generate a long abstract for a conference presentation.
  • Start working on March's conference presentation.

Stretch:

• Finish up that straggling book chapter.

The stretch goal is pretty unlikely; it's a busy month, and I have less time than usual this semester.

Today, I'll work on the blurb and either the abstract or expanding the intro.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Wrote about 300 words, plus the blurb and an email to a publisher that I've put off for a bit. Whew.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Today, polishing up the blurb, starting on the conference abstract, and reading a new thing so I can continue expanding my intro.
I know it's a genus.

Bbmaj7b5

Waiting for our newly-accepted paper to show up so that the DOI doesn't lead to a dead link.

Sun_Worshiper

February goals:
  • Make progress on paper #1 with colleagues - should be submittable soon
  • Make progress on paper #2 with colleagues - ball is in colleague's court
  • Make progress on paper #3 with colleague - R&R, ball is in colleague's court
  • Make progress on book project #1
  • Make progress on book project #2 with colleague

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on February 02, 2024, 07:25:07 AMToday, polishing up the blurb, starting on the conference abstract, and reading a new thing so I can continue expanding my intro.

Sent the blurb, wrote ~400 words, and started on the abstract.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Won't have much time today, so will read a bit.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on February 03, 2024, 08:58:56 AMWon't have much time today, so will read a bit.

Read a bit, wrote about 500 words. Only 5900 left to go. Though I'm running out of obvious places to expand.
I know it's a genus.

darkstarrynight

February Goals
  • Write some chapters of my book manuscript
  • Work on book chapter due in June with colleague

Today on a train from one city to another I made more progress on reading sources for my book manuscript. I am not back to the U.S. until a week from now so I can hope to finish reading sources by the time I land with trains and long flights in the next week. Then I can get to writing since I will be more organized. The vacation is going well, though!

Parasaurolophus

I only have the energy/will to read today.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on February 04, 2024, 03:35:16 PMI only have the energy/will to read today.

Did that, and let the emails pile up. Not that I want to deal with them tomorrow, but...
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Waded through a pile of email crap this morning, which sucked up all my limited time. I had hoped to work on writing up the abstract, but I might just end up reading a bit instead, since I doubt I'll have two free hands.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on February 05, 2024, 11:55:15 AMWaded through a pile of email crap this morning, which sucked up all my limited time. I had hoped to work on writing up the abstract, but I might just end up reading a bit instead, since I doubt I'll have two free hands.

Well, I read quite a lot. And wrote about a third of the required abstract.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Should try to get the abstract done during my commute today.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on February 06, 2024, 06:57:01 AMShould try to get the abstract done during my commute today.

Did a version of it. It'll need polishing, but at least it exists. Also wrote 300 words.
I know it's a genus.