News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

February Research Thread

Started by Parasaurolophus, February 01, 2024, 07:51:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on February 13, 2024, 01:30:08 PMGonna do what little I can for the intro on my commute today.

Checked a couple things, added a couple hundred.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

I know it's a genus.

darkstarrynight

I've been back from my trip a few days and did finish reading all I needed to prepare on my computer on a return flight. Now I am gathering a few more sources and should be ready to dive into writing soon.

Sun_Worshiper

Quote from: Sun_Worshiper on February 02, 2024, 03:28:52 PMFebruary goals:
  • Make progress on paper #1 with colleagues - should be submittable soon
  • Make progress on paper #2 with colleagues - ball is in colleague's court
  • Make progress on paper #3 with colleague - R&R, ball is in colleague's court
  • Make progress on book project #1
  • Make progress on book project #2 with colleague
  • Revise book chapter with colleague

The universe conspired to prevent me from getting much work done today, but I did manage to spend a couple of hours reading over the book chapter and making some preliminary edits. It should be mostly painless to get it turned around. Even though this is the project that is lowest in value to me at the moment, I'll probably prioritize it just to get it off my plate.

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on February 14, 2024, 09:09:52 AMAnother commute-and-intro day.

Managed to do some needed double-checking, but only added a couple hundred words.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

If I have the energy, some translation intro work.
I know it's a genus.

Sun_Worshiper

Quote from: Sun_Worshiper on February 02, 2024, 03:28:52 PMFebruary goals:
  • Make progress on paper #1 with colleagues - should be submittable soon
  • Make progress on paper #2 with colleagues - ball is in colleague's court
  • Make progress on paper #3 with colleague - R&R, ball is in colleague's court
  • Make progress on book project #1
  • Make progress on book project #2 with colleague
  • Revise book chapter with colleague

I did a little work on the book chapter today between teaching, class prep, and meetings. Shouldn't be a difficult turnaround at all, although seems like my colleague won't get to their part till March. I'll try to work on that a bit more this week and next, and then turn my attention back to book project #2 (unless something else emerges to take up my attention).

I also received an article acceptance today, which put me in a nice mood this morning.

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on February 15, 2024, 02:18:29 PMIf I have the energy, some translation intro work.

About 850 words added, to finish up a tricky new bit. Also found a way to easily add a few hundred more tomorrow.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Today I'll exploit my shortcut to a few hundred more words.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on February 16, 2024, 09:32:26 AMToday I'll exploit my shortcut to a few hundred more words.

Well, that added 600. Only 2700 more to go. It'd be nice if I could think of another shortcut or two.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

In theory it's our spring break. Guess I'll start prepping for the return, and try to figure out where the next few thousand  Intro words will come from.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on February 17, 2024, 01:53:23 PMIn theory it's our spring break. Guess I'll start prepping for the return, and try to figure out where the next few thousand Intro words will come from.

Guess I have some small ideas. Fixed some stuff, too.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Today will be a disrupted day, so... I dunno. Maybe more of yesterday's progress.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Hmm. I suppose I'll have a go at inserting more words. And I should start on my grading pile.
I know it's a genus.

darkstarrynight

I did a lot of reading over the weekend for book writing prep. I also requested a book in which I have the first edition from the 1990s and could benefit from the third edition in the 2010s. While I wait for the library to get back to me, I am about ready with sources organized by chapter that I need in my outline. I also have had some of the case study contributors send me their cases for minor edits, which is exciting. I have five months give or take to get this manuscript written which is frightening!