News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

NYT Spelling Bee

Started by nebo113, August 28, 2020, 05:56:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cathwen

Good morning!

QBABM yesterday, last word wildwood—which was a wild guess, as I associate Wildwood with the Jersey shore.  Today I am at QB-1 four letter word and am stumped.  I need to try all kinds of combinations.  How hard can that be?

LB:  I had the "official" purview-washtub.  I have one today, too.

My husband came home from the hospital yesterday.  We had heavy rain in the forecast, but it was merely cloudy all day...until I started the drive home.  Then the rain came down in torrents!  Fortunately, all the cars slowed down and there were no idiots driving recklessly in poor conditions.  Towards the end of the drive, the rain stopped.  We were joking that we must be on vacation, because almost every vacation we've ever taken has started with rain, often heavy.

Anyway—happy puzzling!

ciao_yall

QBwH and wildwood is not a word!

LB - preview-washtub.

Happy solving!

ab_grp

Good morning!

Got to genius with the pangram so far.  Yesterday I almost made it but could not find idol for the life of me without a hint.  And same here on Wildwood, cathwen!

Congrats on your 2fers cathwen and ciao_yall and on another today, cathwen! No luck here despite a lot of trying.  I'm glad your husband got home safely, though sorry to hear about the rain and vacations as well.  Hopefully the vacations still turned out well and his recovery at home will also turn out well after the rainy start!

Happy solving!

Parasaurolophus

Yeah, wildwood prevented my QB yesterday. Oh well.

GWP today.
I know it's a genus.

ciao_yall

QB-2. Trying not to check hints for an ABM but running out of random letter combinations to type in.

I do have a 2fer.

Langue_doc

We've seen wildwood in at least a couple of puzzles.

QB!

cathwen

Finally found that last word on my own (no hints!) and got to QB!

ciao_yall

ab_grp

Got a 2fer!

Congrats on all your QBs.  I hope to get there when I get back to the bee!

Langue_doc

Good morning!

Pangrams and genius. The bee now shows pangrams in boldface, so you know how many you've found in the current puzzle.

hyacinth/hombre and embryonic/cheat

Happy solving!

ciao_yall

QBwG, guessed at fitly. LB hyacinth-hombre.

Happy solving!

cathwen

Good morning!

The one word that I was missing yesterday, and that had me stumped, turned out to be lilt.  This is a word I often don't see for some reason, but when I got back to the puzzle yesterday afternoon, it jumped out at me. Today I am at genius with one of the two pangrams.

LB:  I had embryonic-cheat.  I have a 2fer today, too, although if I have time I may look for a more economical pair.

Happy puzzling!

ab_grp

Good morning!

Not even to genius yet, with only one pangram.  Yesterday ended up being so busy that we both gave up with just a few words left.  We had team QB, but I don't remember which ones I was missing off the top of my head.  I was definitely happy to see the bold pangram yesterday! That would have helped a lot a few days ago.

For LB, I had recombinant-thy.  Lots of solutions, and none the schmofficial one!  Congrats on another one today, cathwen.

Happy solving!

Parasaurolophus

Foundered on t9day's. 128, one pangram.
I know it's a genus.

ciao_yall

QBwH and a new word andiron. LB pother-revitalization.

Happy solving!