News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

What's your weather?

Started by polly_mer, May 20, 2019, 05:47:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

apl68

We've had three storm fronts move through in as many weeks.  So far we've dodged serious trouble each time.  We're soggy, not flooded.

A beautiful spring morning today.

That shrub is a thief
As I tried to sniff its scent
A twig snatched my cap
If in this life only we had hope of Christ, we would be the most pathetic of them all.  But now is Christ raised from the dead, the first of those who slept.  First Christ, then afterward those who belong to Christ when he comes.

mamselle

It's just windy here.

A friend in northern Mississippi just had a tornado/micro-burst (diagnosis in progress) take the roof off their house yesterday.

No-one hurt and roof tarps and water pipe repair are already proceeding.

But, boy, what a year.

M.
Forsake the foolish, and live; and go in the way of understanding.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

apl68

Storming.  March is going out like a lion!
If in this life only we had hope of Christ, we would be the most pathetic of them all.  But now is Christ raised from the dead, the first of those who slept.  First Christ, then afterward those who belong to Christ when he comes.

FishProf

sunny enough to go out in short sleeves.  Windy enough to regret it after 5-min.

So, March.
I'd rather have questions I can't answer, than answers I can't question.

AmLitHist

After 70s last week, storms Sunday night, 60s since then, we're expecting a hard freeze overnight and again Friday morning--temps in the low-mid 20s. So, I'll cover the peonies, my chives, and the hollyhocks both nights.  Standard springtime stuff in mid-Illinois.

OneMoreYear

Snow this morning! What's up with that, April?

Langue_doc

Drizzly and dreary today, with a freeze warning for tonight.

apl68

Bright and clear, and a little chilly, a day after cold and stormy.  It's spring.

hmaria1609

Sunny and pleasant!
It's been nice to roll down my winter blanket at night. I've put away my windshield cover for the season. There have been a few days of rain too.

Langue_doc

Rainy and dreary. I had to cancel my outing because of the forecast for thunder. Didn't hear any, so that part of the forecast must have skipped us.

Vkw10

Beautiful spring day here. It was 55 and sunny for my morning walk. It's 89 and sunny now, so I'll wait until 7:30 for my evening walk.
Enthusiasm is not a skill set. (MH)

apl68

Could hardly be more beautiful today, for the third day in a row.  After massive downpours and small hail Friday evening.  One of our staff couldn't get home due to a fallen tree across the road.  She spent the night with a daughter who lives nearby--and they lost power for most of the night.

My parents had serious hail at their house a couple of weeks ago.  It broke a window in the house and dinged up a car.  While I was visiting them on Easter weekend Dad showed me a couple of hailstones he'd preserved in the freezer.  One had a well-formed white core, encased in misshapen lumps of clear ice.  Some interesting things must have been happening in that thunder cloud.

evil_physics_witchcraft

It's breezy and mild- about 67 deg. F. Not a cloud in the sky...

Bbmaj7b5

Kinda warm - high of 79F. Three days ago we had a supercell that dumped golf-ball size hail on our house. (Recent metal roof, though, so no damage).

We should be getting the next round of cold fronts tomorrow.

hmaria1609

I saw there was snow and rain in the Boston area yesterday! It's not unheard of to have this kind of wintery weather in April.