April Research Thread

Started by Parasaurolophus, April 01, 2024, 10:37:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Parasaurolophus

I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Today, I've got a letter for a colleague to update/write, and marking to do.

Edit: eep, remembered I have to defend a new course for the department before the faculty senate committee. Sigh. So much for getting stuff done.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on April 19, 2024, 07:53:57 AMToday, I've got a letter for a colleague to update/write, and marking to do.

Edit: eep, remembered I have to defend a new course for the department before the faculty senate committee. Sigh. So much for getting stuff done.

Progress acceptable.
I know it's a genus.

Myword

Finishing my reply tojournal article, 4000 words. Almost half my own views on topic
So it is not enough for a full article. Question: maybe put my own ideas in an appendix?
 because they are too long for footnotes. Journal doesn't accept end notes that I prefer.

And it is sent out for review. But not to the author, but he can respond to it.

Parasaurolophus

Mostly have to grade today, though I'd like to do a small of chunk of T1. We'll see.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on April 20, 2024, 09:38:02 AMMostly have to grade today, though I'd like to do a small of chunk of T1. We'll see.

Acceptable progress on both fronts.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on April 21, 2024, 08:57:19 AMOnly grading today. Ugh.

All done save for stragglers and inputting.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Inputting grades, then... just streamlining T1, and maybe making more headway on that referee report.
I know it's a genus.

Wahoo Redux

Been doing some creative writing and I keep getting newspaper assignments.

But I am posting this here so I will make myself do it: tomorrow I will open up that revise-and-resubmit and readers' comments and make a plan.
Come, fill the Cup, and in the fire of Spring
Your Winter-garment of Repentance fling:
The Bird of Time has but a little way
To flutter--and the Bird is on the Wing.

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on April 22, 2024, 08:58:32 AMInputting grades, then... just streamlining T1, and maybe making more headway on that referee report.

Managed a bit of T1 after the grades.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

T1 and refereeing today. Got a new referee request this morning, too, from a top subfield journal which specifically noted my 'general expertise', which is nice.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on April 23, 2024, 09:18:09 AMT1 and refereeing today. Got a new referee request this morning, too, from a top subfield journal which specifically noted my 'general expertise', which is nice.

Good progress on T1 (I wish I didn't keep finding errors!), and read the new paper. No writing, though. Alas.
I know it's a genus.

Wahoo Redux

Quote from: Wahoo Redux on April 22, 2024, 08:16:01 PMBeen doing some creative writing and I keep getting newspaper assignments.

But I am posting this here so I will make myself do it: tomorrow I will open up that revise-and-resubmit and readers' comments and make a plan.

Good on me.  I began making preliminary revisions to the manuscript. 

Part of the issue is that one reader's report was so generalized it is hard to know where to start, just the sense that this 'paper is really good' but 'more needs to be done'; and the second reader's report was so overwritten and over-saturated with critiques, going off on tangents and suggestions from far left-field that had nothing to do with the argument, that it was worthless----probably someone doing their very first peer-review and getting too excited about it (I may mention that when I send this back).

But at least I got the ball rolling.
Come, fill the Cup, and in the fire of Spring
Your Winter-garment of Repentance fling:
The Bird of Time has but a little way
To flutter--and the Bird is on the Wing.