News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

NYT Spelling Bee

Started by nebo113, August 28, 2020, 05:56:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Langue_doc

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on July 13, 2021, 05:36:55 PM
I think I have a Bee block today. I've found... a dozen.

Look for words beginning with p, r, and t. Most of the words are familiar ones. A couple of bird words, a word associated with traveling, vegetation-related words, and an eatery.

Parasaurolophus

Found 29 more and got to genius. Thanks for the encouragement and tips!
I know it's a genus.

Langue_doc

Good morning!

Genius, but no pangram yet.

Easy two-fer!

Happy solving, all!

cathwen

Good morning!

I was at QB-1 yesterday; the missing word was torii, which I now remember from previous puzzles, and is now on my List of Bee Words. 

Today I am at Alpha with both pangrams, five words to go.  Shunn may be in my future, but I'll hold off for a while.

LB:  I did not find a 2fer yesterday, so congratulations, ab_grp!  I had unpacked, and was looking for a word ending in -u, but could only think of beau, which of course did not use the i. 

Congratulations on your easy two-fer, Langue_doc!  I have one as well, but it took a little fiddling.

Parasaurolophus, congratulations on getting to genius! 

Happy puzzling, everyone!

ciao_yall

Morning!

SB - Got busy so had to be satisfied with Genius. This morning, Genius and 2 pangrams.

LB - Tricky yesterday! I had some good 3fers joined-dub-backpack, job-pined-backup but no cigar. 3fers coming fast this morning so hope a 2fer is nigh.

Happy solving!

ab_grp

Good morning!

I'm one word away from QB today.  Argh!! Congrats, Parasaurolophus! I definitely think that the encouragement here helps.

I was happy to get the schmofficial solution to LB.  After a bunch of guesses, I just tried bijou even though it seemed too short to do much, and its mate followed.  Lucky! Congrats on already getting 2fers today, Langue_doc and cathwen!

Happy solving!

ciao_yall

Langue_doc

QB. If you're stuck, look for spelling variations.

ab_grp

Finally gave up and compared first letters of our remaining words since we had team QB and had to get to other things.  It still took me forever to find my final word, which I cannot believe I missed since I had just said it about 5 minutes prior.  Ugh!!  Oh well, team QB it is.  Congrats on your QB, Langue_doc!

And I got a 2fer! Congrats on yours, ciao_yall! I wonder if we all have the same one.

Parasaurolophus

Got to beta quickly today.
I know it's a genus.

ciao_yall

QBWS. The streak begins again, day one.

Langue_doc

Good morning!

Pangrams and genius. Don't have the inclination or motivation to chase down the remaining words.

milkshakes/stony

Happy solving, all!

cathwen

Good morning!

I missed QB by two words yesterday—eddied and tooted (!!).  Congratulations, ab_grp, Langue_doc,and ciao_yall for your QBs!  Congratulations on Beta, Parasaurolophus!

Today, like Langue_doc, I am at genius with both pangrams, and do not think I will have the energy to try for QB and 300 points.  But who knows.

Yesterday's LB:  hostilities-skyman.  I was surprised that skyman was accepted!  So now we have two solutions that differ from the "official" one.  I'm curious to see what others got! 

I also found a 2fer for today.   

Happy puzzling, everyone!

ciao_yall

Morning!

SB - last few words, with pointers from Shunn, were doxx, deft, foodie, texted. Today, Amazing with pangram at the moment.
LB - milkshakes-stony as well, so great minds think alike Langue_doc! 3fer so far this morning.

Happy solving!

ab_grp

Good morning/afternoon!

I've got two more words to QB but am not sure if I'll get there by myself, so hopefully husband will pick up a few more words and maybe we can compare letter counts later.  I couldn't believe my final word was texted after I had just told husband that my brother had texted me about Bastille Day.  Congrats on yesterday's QB, ciao_yall, and beta, Parasaurolophus!

For LB, I got another solution: soymilks-shanties.  I like skyman (and, when I can tolerate them, milkshakes).  Congrats on getting one already today, cathwen!

Happy solving!