News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

NYT Spelling Bee

Started by nebo113, August 28, 2020, 05:56:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ciao_yall

GABM with 2 pangrams, but that's normal. And a 2fer.

ab_grp

Finally got the last two spelling bee words with Shunn's help.  They weren't really difficult, but I had a hard time seeing them, and they ended up being some of husband's final words as well.

But I also got a 2fer! Congrats on yours, ciao_yall.

ciao_yall

QB WITHICG. The streak continues.

Would like to blame all the booze I'm drinking on this road trip (husband is driving, don't worry) for my heavy reliance on help sites.

Parasaurolophus

Phew, got there in the end. Didn't think I would.
I know it's a genus.

Langue_doc

Morning!

Last word yesterday was lilt, which I had thought I had entered much earlier.

Pangram and genius today. Combination of errands and the lack of incentive to find the remaining words, this is all the puzzling I'm doing today. Crosswords and sudokus were completed last night.

Happy solving all, and stay cool.

cathwen

Good morning!

I was at QB-4 yesterday, and then never got back to it.  I missed electee, mentee, lenient, lenience.  Congratulations on the QBs to everyone else! 

Today I am at Beta with the pangram.

LB:  Yesterday I had dacha-ambulation.  I have a 2fer today, too.

Happy puzzling!

cathwen

ETA:  QBWS.  No particularly obscure words.

onthefringe

Haven't subscribed so no Spelling Bed for me. But I have started doing letterboxed outside the program and using my one "free play" to enter a 2fer when I figure it out. Yesterday I got the same one as cathwen, and found one today too.

Two days ago I found mythos-snakelike, so clearly that puzzle had lots of options!

ciao_yall

Welcome onthefringe! I love Letter Boxed. It's what got me to subscribe. You sound like a natural!

QB - last words were timeline, linemen with help from the Wordplay blog. Just getting started this morning with an easy pangram. Hit genius.

LB - manchild-doubt was yesterday's 2fer. So far, 2fer b4ss and a 3fer.

Last day of roadtrip this morning so back to the grind!

cathwen

Welcome, onthefringe!   

I also love Letter Boxed.  I think it's fun to see all the combinations people come up with compared with the NYTimes answer.  Sometimes we all get the same thing, and other times there is some variety. 

ciao_yall, enjoy the last day of your road trip!

ab_grp

Good morning!

Got to QBABM, and husband followed not too long after.  I agree there weren't any really obscure words.  Some were a little unexpected, so try suffixes with everything if you are looking for additional words.  Congrats on your QB, cathwen! Congrats ciao_yall and Parasaurolophus on your victories yesterday!

I got the schmofficial solution for LB yesterday, which I was surprised at because it seemed a little weird. Congrats on the other solutions and on getting one today, cathwen!

Still have sudokus to do and LB at some point, but I have a review deadline of a resubmission and have been procrastinating.  And I have to vacuum and put some more office furniture in.  And maybe shear my husband.

Enjoy your final roadtrip day, ciao_yall, and good luck with the errands, Langue_doc! Sounds like you need the coolness wishes more than I do, which is probably a bit unusual!

Happy solving!

ab_grp

Got a 2fer! Husband suggested a word I thought I had tried, and he and I each got different mates for it.  But I have a ton of other good contenders, so I might try more later if I ever get any work done on the article review.  At least I vacuumed!

ciao_yall

QBABM!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And the 2fer b4ss this morning? Turned out to be a real 2fer. I must have mistyped it.

Home sweet home.

ab_grp

Congrats on your QBABY and 2fer, and welcome home!

Just got another 2fer with a totally new contender.

Parasaurolophus

Got there just before bed, as usual.
I know it's a genus.