News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

NYT Spelling Bee

Started by nebo113, August 28, 2020, 05:56:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ciao_yall

2fer and QB - 3. But I do have the pangram.

Trying to stay out of the Forum for hints.

ab_grp

Congrats on your 2fer, ciao_yall! I'm about to get back to it.  Good luck on the bee!

And hope you found the pangram and your missing word, Langue_doc! Good luck!

ab_grp

Langue_doc

Good morning!

Pangram and genius today. My last word yesterday was the pangram--go figure!

Happy solving, all!

ab_grp

Good morning!

Well, I zoomed through the crossword, then zoomed right to QBABM, then got a 2fer immediately, so it's likely that the rest of my day will be a complete dumpster fire! It's funny that the pangram was your final word, Langue_doc! Hope it wasn't appropriate.  My final one was acai, of all things.

I had the schmofficial LB solution yesterday. 

Happy solving!

ciao_yall

QB - got the pangram early on but stuck on curium, tritium. New words!

LB - confusions-spangle. Also had a 2fer b4ss flapping-glucose.

Happy solving!

cathwen

Good morning!

Yesterday was not a good SB day for me.  Although I did get to QB, it was with help for words that now seem blindingly obvious.  I just wasn't seeing them!  My last words were mitt and uric.  . I have no idea why I got tritium, when easier words stumping me!  I think I was just playing around and got it almost by accident.

Today I am at QB-1 and trying hard to resist going to Shunn/WP for the first letter of the last word.  Ab_grp, congratulations on your QBABM already, and your 2fer!

LB:  I also had confusions-spangle.  I have a 2fer today also.

Happy puzzling!

Parasaurolophus

I had opalescences-signup.

Close to a 2fer today, but not quite there.
I know it's a genus.

ciao_yall

Weird 2fer today but I'll keep it. cathwen great minds think alike! Also have a 2fer b4ss.

Saw some spoilers on Facebook for SB which I probably would have found anyway, but now I'm 2-ish words from QB.

Parasaurolophus

Oh, forgot to say I'm at alpha bee.
I know it's a genus.

ab_grp

Wow, lots of different solutions for LB yesterday! Congrats on your 2fers today, cathwen and ciao_yall, and good luck, Parasaurolophus!

Good luck on the bee as well! You are all very close!

Langue_doc

Puzzles are all done! ab_grp, I didn't see traumatic until the very end which was surprising as I tend to see new words when I shuffle the letters. I was probably distracted by trying to find a -ium final word.

Outing day tomorrow, which involves a long drive, but pleasant surroundings and activities when I get there. It's a ferry ride after the long drive which should be fun. I'm not sure if I'll get any puzzling done though.

ab_grp

Langue_doc, it is hard to pull out of the patterns sometimes, for sure! Congrats on your puzzle victories, and enjoy your outing tomorrow! Ferry rides, pleasant surroundings, and fun activities sounds like a good time! Wishing you good weather.

ciao_yall

QB with a little help for a few odd words. Let the weekend puzzles commence!

ciao_yall

Woke up at 2:30 AM and got GWP and a 3fer.

Yesterday's last word was whizz - who knew? And 2fer was sonograms-subtly.

Happy solving!