Main Menu

NYT Spelling Bee

Started by nebo113, August 28, 2020, 05:56:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Parasaurolophus

I know it's a genus.

ciao_yall

Morning!

Yesterday, GwP. boffo? Today, got the pangram first and still lingering at Amazing.

LB quarts-secondary.

Happy solving!

ab_grp

Good afternoon!

We didn't get a lot of time to bee this morning before daughter arrived, but husband got to QBABH after she headed back to her mom's.  I needed help on my final word.  Yesterday flipflop was the final non-4 that I needed to get to genius, and I think my final one waskiloBoffo is just dumb!

For LB, I had quests-secondary.  Congrats on your 2fers today, Langue_doc and cathwen!

I still didn't start sudokus so am going to have to get on that for a bit before the next round of presents and eating.

Cathwen, I like the eggnog pancake idea because daughter likes to have it while decorating, but we can never get a small container of it and always have some left over (though I'm sure she'd be fine with drinking all of it...).  The recipe is also really easy with no other weird ingredients, so we got it ready before she arrived and just mixed the wet and dry before griddling them.  She was in charge of preparing mango pieces since she eats so many mangoes.  And the lamb, dressing, and brussels were great.  I am looking forward to more! But boy do I love beef Wellington! That all sounds wonderful, and it's a smart way to have a fabulous meal that doesn't leave leftovers you can't work with. 

Hope everyone is having a merry day!

Happy solving!

ab_grp

Finally got a 2fer! A Christmas miracle!

Parasaurolophus

I'm clearly close to a 2fer but can't fit the 't'. Oh well!

Congratulations, everyone!
I know it's a genus.

cathwen

Good morning, everyone!

I was at QB-1 yesterday, and finally caved and looked at hints.  The missing word was netizen!  I've heard the term, but would never have dredged it up from the recesses of my brain cells.

Today I am at GWP.  Might not get much further, because today is travel day!  I still have to pack, and we haven't even had breakfast yet (we're in coffee sipping mode).

LB:  I had carve/exhorting.  I found a 2fer today, too.

Ab_grp, I also have leftover eggnog (why is it always sold in half gallons?).  I think that when we get back, eggnog French toast is in our future. 

Happy puzzling to all of you! 

ciao_yall

Morning!

SB - there I was, so proud of myself having found invitee, stuck at QB - 1. What was I missing? You guessed it... evictee!

LB - achieve-exonerating.

Sunday puzzles await! Happy solving!

ciao_yall

Gw2Ps and a 2fer. Now waiting for husband to start the NYT Crossword (old-school print edition) so I can finish it.

ab_grp

Good morning/afternoon!

We are each at QB-8 (slightly different points) but have the pangrams.  No Alpha yet.  Like cathwen, my final word was netizen yesterday.  Needed help with that one!

And I also had carve-exhorting, so I guess I was further channeling cathwen, which is not a bad place to be! So far no schmofficial solutions.  Parasaurolophus, I hope you got your 2fer! And congrats on 2fers today, cathwen and ciao_yall!

The crossword was a little tough this morning, in my opinion, so good luck. 

Cathwen, we are probably going to try the eggnog French toast as well! Hope your trip goes well and safely!

Happy solving!

Parasaurolophus

Gah, netizen. Pfft.

I didn't quite get the 2fer--I got exchanging, but couldn't make my 't' fit. That was pretty silly, though. Musta been tired.

Today, I have two pangrams but am still 41 shy of genius. We'll see what the rest of the day brings.
I know it's a genus.

ab_grp

Argh, sorry you got so close, Parasaurolophus! I feel like most days I am almost there to a 2fer but can't see it.

I was feeling pretty stuck still at 8 words on the bee but then found out husband had picked up 3 more words.  Something kicked in, and now I am down to only one word left! I am crossing my fingers.

Some reasonable starts at contenders on LB, but no magic yet.

onthefringe

Yeasterday ancho-overexerting no luck today though.

Langue_doc

Evening!

Found both pangrams and reached genius this morning. Have been socializing and eating since then.

QB yesterday; trove/exchanging

ab_grp and cathwen, your dishes sound delicious. We had Christmas breakfast yesterday, followed by presents, a long walk in almost freezing temperatures and rain, and then the usual prime rib and accompaniments for dinner. We've been binging on leftovers (duck, prime rib, and other assorted dishes) today. I don't think I've even looked at the crosswords since leaving home.

Parasaurolophus

Made it to genius just before bed.
I know it's a genus.

Langue_doc

Good morning!

Pangram and genius.

Long drive home--hope I don't get stuck in traffic.

Happy solving, all!