Started by nebo113, August 28, 2020, 05:56:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ab_grp

ciao_yall

Congrats, ab_grp!

QBwG! Didn't even need to hit the 2LL!

Langue_doc

Good morning!

Pangram and above genius so far. It's a tedious one today that does not bring a spark of joy.

Last word yesterday was bloom; I was sure I had typed it earlier as I remember finding abloom. It was one of those days when I had to sit at my desk so that I can see the grid and also the list of words I've found so far.

growth/handmaids

Happy solving, all!

Parasaurolophus

Fell a pangram short yesterday--looks like that particular puzzle has tripped me up before. I plan to do better today.
I know it's a genus.

ab_grp

Good morning/afternoon!

I got to QBABM, and husband got to QBABH a minute or two later, same final word.  Yesterday I needed help with bollix, which I had tried to spell differently at least. 

For LB, I had graham-midtowns.  I was surprised it took graham but was glad I tried it.  Took a while and a lot of different contenders to get there! But I don't think I tried the words in Langue_doc's solution or the schmofficial one. 

Happy solving!

ciao_yall

Morning!

QB - last word was loam.

LB - widths-sonogram.

Happy solving!

cathwen

Good afternoon!

Last word yesterday was baobab.. Today I am at QB-2. 

LB:  I first got a strange one yesterday—migrations/showd.  Apparently showd is Scottish for 'to rock or sway.'  I was frankly surprised when it was accepted!  I tried again and got widths/sonogram, which is the "official" answer.  I have a 2fer today as well. 

Happy puzzling!

ciao_yall

So far, GnP and something that should have been a 2fer but it didn't take a messy 2fer.

B-minus-plus so far.

Langue_doc

QB and two-fer. One infrequently used word in the former and a not very economical second word in the latter.

Parasaurolophus

I know it's a genus.

ab_grp

Hooray! Congrats on all your 2fers and bee victories! I have a couple LB contenders, but nothing so far.

Langue_doc, I am guessing your infrequently used word might be our final word.

ciao_yall

Finally found the pangram and another word I thought had a more complicated spelling than it actually did.

Langue_doc

Good morning!

Pangram and genius so far, but that's probably it for today.

beltways/sunshine; couldn't find a mate for leastways.

Happy solving, all!

cathwen

Good morning!

QB-3 and 2fer today.

Yesterday my last word was wanna!  I keep forgetting about slangy contractions.

LB:  I had unsuitable-eyewash, so yet another solution for yesterday!

Happy puzzling, and happy New Year's Eve, whether you're snuggled up in pajamas and going to bed early, or celebrating with others. 

ciao_yall

Morning!

GwP yesterday. For some reason I had in my head that whinnied was spelled whinneighed which I guess it can be, but thank goodness for simplified spellings.

So far AwP GwP this morning. Wouldn't take puptent today so I'm crabby.

unsuitable-eyewash as well. I thought it was a weird solution but cathwen, great minds think alike! Some interesting 3fer so far but no 2fer yet. 2fer!

Happy solving and Happy New Year! Small fancy dinner party tonight and I need to start cooking but I just want to go back to bed. No more excuses.